What is Sendinblue?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Sendinblue is a cloud-based suite of communication tools, including email marketing, transactional emails, text messages, CRM, signup forms and more.
It includes features such as segmentation, retargeting, real-time statistics and website chat, and is suitable for companies of any size. Heat maps enable visualizing the engagement path of readers in a newsletter-type email by tracking clicks and aggregating them.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Sendinblue?
Key differentiators & advantages of Sendinblue
- Free Version: Users on a tight budget can access the software for free, with unlimited contacts and a 300 email daily limit. It offers all contact management features, real-time reporting, SMS marketing, email templates and designer, personalization options, core API functionality, page tracking and marketing automation workflows (limit of 2,000 contacts).
- Transactional Emails: The system supports repetitive tasks by allowing users to build transactional emails for common situations — for example, account creation, orders or new password requests. Dynamic contact attributes including contact name and address can also be added to transactional emails.
- Browser Preview: Users can ensure proper email formatting by previewing how campaigns will appear on mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows phone. It also shows what the email will look like in web-based emails apps such as Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook.com for Firefox, Chrome and more.
- Optimized Send Times: The app uses machine learning to determine an appropriate time to send an email campaign to generate the most engagement.
- SMS Campaigns: Users can send bulk SMS marketing campaigns to a contact list from their database, by writing a message, choosing a list and scheduling it. The system supports setting up transactional SMS for order confirmations, shipping updates and more using the API.
- Enhanced Marketing Efforts: List segmentation helps optimize open and click rates as well as further personalize relationships with the public, prospects and customers. Users can track the metrics and KPIs of different marketing strategies as well.
Sendinblue brings over a decade of experience to the table and serves a diverse array of industries, from fashion to tech to manufacturing and beyond.
- Email Templates: Compliance with GDPR is simplified with email templates built to follow regulations. It also enables user-friendly editing via drag-and-drop functionality.
- Email Personalization: This feature helps increase email open rates. Dynamic personalization enables using the information that subscribers provided in dynamic newsletters to achieve a more relevant experience. Personalization attributes include last name, first name, gender preferences, date of birth and more.
- Retargeting: The app enables defining rules that create a retargeting audience for ads by retargeting visitors based on specific page visits or actions (visiting a checkout page, abandoning a cart). It also supports uploading different styles of ad creatives, defining budgets and monitoring performance on key metrics.
- Sign-Up Forms: A drag-and-drop tool makes it easy to build sign-up forms and enables users to collect information from different fields. It also supports giving contacts a chance to opt in to receive different types of emails according to GDPR regulations.
- Real-Time Statistics: Users have access to a global overview of email performance. This feature enables tracking events, deliveries, opens, clicks and bounces in real time, providing live monitoring of any campaign.
- Landing Pages: Users can create custom landing pages without any coding skills, by using the drag-and-drop landing page builder. The URL of landing pages can also be added in emails, advertisements, social posts and more.
- API: With this feature, developers have access to the entire range of the platform’s capabilities. APIs are available in several coding languages including PHP, Python, Node.js, Ruby and C Sharp.
- Integrations: Users can extend the platform’s functionality and keep using apps they’re already familiar with. It supports integrations for CRM, e-commerce, forms, CMS, analytics and more, including Magento, Paypal, WordPress and Google Analytics.
- Chat: This feature enables developers to install a chat window on the company website so users can talk to customers and leads in real time.
At the time of this review, SelectHub analysts have determined the following drawbacks of the platform:
- Sendinblue does not support adding new users with limited access to an account.
- It does not allow users to embed images larger than 4 MB in emails.
- Scheduling emails based on time zones is not available.
Sendinblue Suite Support
In addition to the resources below, Sendinblue provides several types of support, including SLA-guaranteed 99.9% uptime, a dedicated account manager, SSO and multi-user access. Availability of these options depends on the pricing tier chosen.
mail_outlineEmail: Email support is provided for all pricing plans, including the free version.
phonePhone: Phone support is available for users who purchase the Essential, Premium or Enterprise plan.
schoolTraining: Users have access to a robust help section, complete with whitepapers, user docs and more.
local_offerTickets: Ticketing support isn’t available.