What is Marketo?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Marketo
- Automated Marketing: Powerful automation features from this software enable users to automate and streamline the marketing process. From user tracking to triggers, Marketo delivers a competitive automation experience.
- Lead Conversion: Automation software can track customers across the buyer’s journey and deliver creatives at optimal times, enhancing lead conversion rates across the board.
- Boost Engagement: Track social media mentions, deliver email drip marketing and more. Marketo lets customers engage with the brand across a variety of channels.
- Coordinate With Sales: The product can be used to coordinate the sales and marketing departments to close on leads faster and to delight customers.
Marketo serves major players in all industries, not just in the IT space. Major customers include Charles Schwab, CenturyLink, Panasonic, Fujitsu, General Electric, McGraw Hill, Microsoft, Canon and more.
- A Central Marketing Database: Marketo acts as a central hub and interfaces with a variety of marketing functions and products by integrating with available data.
- An Engagement Marketing Engine: Built around engagement, the product’s engagement marketing engine leverages organic, social, paid and more to drive brand engagement and awareness.
- Built-in Analytic Engine: Pull analytics from a plethora of sources, track attribution, unify data and much more. The sophisticated analytic engine provided in Marketo can help users put resources where they matter most.
- Account-Based Marketing: This feature lets you target marketing efforts based specifically on accounts. It also allows users to bring sales into the marketing pipeline to coordinate efforts.
- Social Integrations: The product integrates easily with a variety of social channels, ensuring that messaging efforts and brand engagement are maximized.
- Email Marketing: Powerful, simple, and visual, Marketo offers a versatile email solution, enabling greater outreach and ROI.
- Mobile and Digital Ads: Marketo lets users push their messaging to mobile and scale digital advertising efforts appropriately.
LimitationsSome of the product limitations include:
- Marketo Marketing Automation solution does not support seamless integration with MS Dynamics
- The cloud-based/SaaS solution has a complex and time-consuming set-up process
- The solution does not support integration with the Tableau tool
- Setting up multi-tiered campaigns and nurturing streams is a time-consuming process
- The solution does not provide a strong landing page and form builder functionality/li>
- Offers limited analytics and reporting functionality and takes a long time to produce custom reports
- Does not allow users to run "Lead Actions" from the smart campaign's result tab or the Lead Details page
Marketo Marketing Automation Suite SupportMarketo offers numerous tiers of support for its automation product. Support tiers start with online support, then move to business support, premier support and finally elite support. All subscribers have access to a level of support that enables high-quality online support, and at least tier 1 phone support.
Cost of Ownership for Marketo Marketing Automation
|License/Subscription Cost||Subscription-based pricing model – per user, per month
|Maintenance Cost||Included in the subscription cost
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||
|Training Cost||Cost is over and above the subscription cost and may vary depending on the Marketo Training and Certification programs opted for|
|Recurring/Renewal Costs||Cost is equivalent to the subscription fee paid monthly, customization cost, implementation cost, premium support and professional services, and the training support opted for|