What is Constant Contact?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Constant Contact is a web-based email marketing application suitable for small businesses. It enables businesses to import data from spreadsheets or email clients such as Gmail, Microsoft Outlook and other popular vendors.
It provides built-in email templates with drag-and-drop elements and real-time reporting features to track email opens, clicks, forwards, social shares and more.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Constant Contact?
Key differentiators & advantages of Constant Contact
- Mobile App: The platform provides native email marketing and email list builder mobile apps for Android and iOS devices to keep marketers mobile.
- Live Support: With robust support options, Constant Contact’s experts offer help with product questions, marketing strategy and more, accessible via phone or email.
- PDF to Email: The editor can convert an uploaded PDF into an email, which can also be edited and sent, giving users versatility in the market.
- Click-Tracking Heat Map: Heat maps, an invaluable tool for marketers, help users optimize and streamline their workflows, landing pages, websites and emails. It tracks customer clicks and lets users drill down into the details to enhance strategy.
- Mobile Open Rate: This capability offers mobile email open rate metrics so users can compare those results to the audience’s desktop open rate and gain greater visibility into the market space that they’re operating in.
Originally designed to meet the needs of small businesses and nonprofits, Constant Contact serves a wide variety of companies, including those in the fashion, food, retail and energy spaces.
- Drag-and-Drop Editor: Constant Contact facilitates customizing an email template and designing professional, mobile-responsive emails for every device.
- Sign-Up Forms: It supports creating inline sign-up forms that can be embedded into the HTML code on the website or blog to enable collecting sign-ups as people view a specific webpage. It provides sign up-forms and automatic display triggers to maximize list growth.
- Surveys and Polls: The platform facilitates creating custom surveys and polls. It also enables viewing individual results from respondents or tracking general data trends from social media or an email survey.
- Campaign Report: The system enables viewing email metrics such as sends, opens, clicks and more. It also lets users compare campaigns to determine which received the most opens or clicks.
- Integrations: Constant Contact integrates with apps such as Salesforce, Outlook, Mindbody, Shopify, Facebook and more.
- A/B Testing: Users can run an A/B test on two versions of subject lines to maximize email open rates.
- Contact Segmentation: It enables users to create customized segments based on a contact’s engagement with email campaigns, location and company details, and already-existing lists. Then users can send targeted marketing emails with relevant messages.
- Contact Management: The platform allows users to upload contacts from Excel, Outlook, Salesforce and more.
- Email Scheduling: Users can send emails instantly or schedule them to be sent at a future time. The app also suggests the best time to send emails based on the industry’s open rate.
- Landing Pages: The software provides two landing pages: lead generation and shoppable. Lead generation landing pages collect visitor information, and shoppable landing pages facilitate selling products and services online. Automated email series can be set up in lead generation landing pages to stay connected to new leads. Shoppable landing pages support tracking results such as gross revenue, page visitors, conversion rates and more.
At the time of this review’s publication, these are the known limitations of Constant Contact, based on user feedback:
- The design for email marketing in Constant Contact appears differently on different web browsers.
- Templates can sometimes have glitches, including errors that cause text spacing or font styles to change.
Constant Contact Suite Support
In addition to phone support, users also have access to marketing professionals and professional services.
mail_outlineEmail: The company does not offer email support options at this time. However, a chat feature is available.
phonePhone: All users can obtain phone support, though the hours vary. Users can call Monday through Thursday, from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. EST., with hours on Friday being 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. If users need support on the weekends, they can expect support to be available from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Call (866) 289-2101 for U.S. support, and +1 (781) 472-8120 for international support.
schoolTraining: Users have access to a robust library of articles, whitepapers and help documentation (tutorials and videos). They can also ask the community questions and receive feedback via community forums. Free and paid webinars or in-person events are also available.
local_offerTickets: There are no ticketing options provided at this time.