What is ActiveCampaign?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Based in Chicago, Illinois, ActiveCampaign provides cloud-based marketing services. It’s ideal for businesses of any size, as it offers a flexible, device-agnostic deployment model. It also functions as a marketing-oriented CRM with different integrations and exporting options to assist sales.
It provides machine learning that can be used on data including phone calls, emails and sales. Machine learning enables predicting win probability and using predictive sending. Customers can also take advantage of a consultant directory with certified consultants from different countries.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use ActiveCampaign?
Key differentiators & advantages of ActiveCampaign
- Take Back Time: With a robust suite of features (email automation, contact exportation, automatic campaign driving and more), users can get their time back from these otherwise arduous tasks.
- Save Money: ActiveCampaign runs the gamut as far as marketing and sales tools are concerned. The application ships with a full suite of tools and features, meaning users can cover all technological bases for less.
- Qualify Leads: Automated email delivery, blog scheduling and social media monitoring features can help users turn reluctant or uninformed leads into brand advocates.
- Assist Sales: The application is built to nurture leads to close, making the sales team’s job much easier.
- Message Targets at Pivotal Stages: Users can schedule messages to target leads at crucial stages in their buyer’s journey. The platform offers numerous ways to contact and engage your users.
ActiveCampaign has operated in the marketing automation space since 2003 and continues to innovate. The company boasts a user base of over 100,000 (and growing) small businesses across North America. The industries they serve include beauty, finance, human services, travel and much more.
- Dynamic Content: Users can keep content fresh and personalized with dynamic content. It lets them automatically and dynamically change the content of an email, depending on where a lead is in their buyer’s journey.
- Email Marketing: The bread and butter of ActiveCampaign, the software’s email marketing suite is robust and fully-featured. It offers broadcasting, triggered and targeted emails, autoresponders, scheduled emails and funnels. The email builder features a drag-and-drop interface and robust integrations with popular social media and e-commerce platforms.
- Segmentation: Email segmentation allows users to target specific groups within the business’ contacts list. Users can be more personal in their emails and engage people with the right information.
- CRM: The product uses an integrated CRM and mobile app to notify the sales team, update deals, create tasks and nurture leads automatically. The product scores leads to pass off highly-qualified targets to sales, as well as integrates with fan-favorite email providers.
- Advanced Reporting: The product offers custom reporting features, including custom KPIs, sales reporting, tag counting and robust segmentation features. It also gives insights into performing emails. Split testing can also be used to get email opens, clicks and buys. Users can also integrate with Google Analytics.
- Fast Training: Users can schedule one-on-one appointments with the company’s customer service team to help teams get up-to-speed with training. They also offer a series of robust webinars and user docs.
- Migration Services: The company will help with the migration from one marketing automation product to another. ActiveCampaign’s migration services include contact list importing, tag importation, form recreation, workflow recreation and email template recreation.
- Drag-and-Drop Builder: This feature allows users to create and automate campaigns with ease.
- Scheduled Emails: It enables scheduling emails for specific dates and times.
- Email Autoresponders: The software enables sending welcome emails, starting a welcome series or delivering lead magnets automatically.
- Powerful Integrations: The software integrates with applications such as PayPal, Stripe, Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Facebook and more than 250 other apps including payment processors, membership websites and e-commerce stores. It also integrates with analytics suites such as Google Analytics.
- Audience Segmentation: It allows for sending personalized messages by adding tags to segments. Tags can be based on the purchase history, geographic location, time since last purchased, personal interests and more.
- Geo-Tracking Features: Users can automatically capture a contact’s location for geo-targeted campaigns. It empowers users to send email marketing campaigns based on the location of the contact.
- Site Tracking: ActiveCampaign’s site tracking feature pulls data in from other websites, to assist in tracking the customer’s activity.
- Social Sharing: Social sharing features give insights into performance on social platforms and enable greater audience engagement.
- Split Testing: A/B testing modules provided by ActiveCampaign let users trial different email subject lines, body copy and more to increase and optimize campaign conversion rates. Users can add up to five variations for a single campaign.
- SMS Marketing: ActiveCampaign automates SMS marketing to send notifications and campaigns such as appointment reminders, flash sale notifications and more.
- Conversation Features: The platform provides live chat, email and a unified inbox to connect conversations with customers. The live chat conversation tool facilitates capturing leads and creating contacts directly on their website with features including customizable auto reply, custom branding, contact creation and triggered automations.
- Predictive Sending: The app uses machine learning algorithms to automate emails. It ranks the hours in a day based on a contact’s open time, and the system uses these recommendations to schedule an optimal send time.
- Contact and Lead Scoring: ActiveCampaign sends notifications when leads are getting hot, and it automatically triggers email notifications and assigns tasks based on lead score changes so users can always follow up with deals that are most likely to close.
- Win Probabilities: The software automatically calculates the conversion chance for a specific lead, giving users foresight into lead behavior.
The SelectHub research team has identified the following drawbacks of the software at the time of this review:
- The email template does not include a subject line.
ActiveCampaign Suite Support
There are four levels of support for ActiveCampaign. The Enterprise level provides the most support options and the widest availability. All support tiers will have the option to chat 1:1 with a dedicated support agent, either via web or over the phone. They also get access to managed email delivery.
mail_outlineEmail: Regardless of whether or not users own an account, they can email support by visiting ActiveCampaign’s “contact me” page. The email form allows users to send messages to support, as well as attach screenshots.
phonePhone: Users should contact +1 (800) 357-0402 to receive phone support. Available times are unknown. Only Enterprise users have access to phone support.
schoolTraining: The company offers a helpful series of webinars and user support docs. It also offers one-on-one training with a support specialist. The Plus, Professional and Enterprise support tiers get access to individualized support training.
local_offerTickets: The company doesn’t have any support ticketing options. Instead, users are encouraged to take advantage of their robust support library and email/chat options.