What is SAP Manufacturing?
Industry Specialties: Serves energy and natural resources, financial services, consumer industries, discrete industries, service industries and public services
SAP Manufacturing is a suite of five applications that enable users to obtain new levels of production, accelerate time to market and dwindle production costs with its Internet of Things (IoT) sub-programs.
Data analytics, shop-floor execution, integrated scheduling and situational awareness management and are some of its top features.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use SAP Manufacturing?
Key differentiators & advantages of SAP Manufacturing
- Complete Transparency: Evaluate and rectify quality or productivity problems with fully visible production management as well as diminish warranty and liability hazards.
- Maintain Quality: Upkeep productivity, margins and quality benchmarks with full adaptation functions to meet the changing demands of clientele.
- In-Depth Analytics: Perform root-cause analyses with sophisticated formulas and machine learning to execute ongoing facility modifications.
- Improved Collaboration: Initiate digital and company-level collaboration, easing product planning, operations, change management and more.
- In-Depth Planning: Plot out flexible and rapid production planning scenarios to decrease revenue loss and stock outs.
In 1972, SAP was launched with a mission of instituting technology's business prospectives with one of the first conventional programs for prompt data calculation. More than 48 years later, SAP has approximately 440,000 patrons in more than 180 regions that serve in the financial, consumer, public, discrete and energy industries. Its ultimate goal is running a better planet by offering clients suitable technology and applications to sustain their lives.
- Shop Floor Execution: Govern manufacturing operations in real time with this module on SAP Digital Manufacturing Cloud. Users may initiate shop floor scenarios and maximize manufacturing assets and production performances.
- Data Collection: Chronicle trackability, quality and other appropriate information as well as monitor commitment to production specifications with the automatic data collection tool in SAP Manufacturing Execution. It also permits users to establish preset non-conformance triggers for any deviations from production specifications.
- Production Planning: Determine capacity and inventory availability restrictions within a planning model with SAP S/4 HANA Manufacturing for Planning and Scheduling. Users may also merge routings, bill of materials and other manufacturing data with this module to establish detailed production planning data compositions.
- Plant Upkeep: Effectively gauge and study current and historical facility performance with conventional data sources that extend equipment availability, performance and quality barometers with SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence.
- Environment Management: Superintend the air and water emissions from a facility to comply with legal requirements with the environment management apparatus via SAP Environment, Health and Safety Management. Users may also pinpoint and relay deviations, administer investigations and trace follow-up procedures.
- Incident Management: Increase the visibility of environment, health and safety (EHS) risks via automated global reporting and real-time analytics with SAP Environment, Health and Safety Management. Users may also implement this accessory to research, monitor and follow up on incidents.
This product comes with plenty of benefits and capabilities, but there are a few limitations. At the time of this review’s publication, these are the limitations of the solution based on user feedback:
- Difficult to fix errors on reports
mail_outlineEmail: Email support is not available at this time.
phonePhone: For phone support, users may dial 1-800-872-1727.
schoolTraining: SAP offers a wide range of training courses such as openSAP, a learning hub, instructor-led training courses and global certification for beginner, intermediate and advanced skill levels. Additional resources include developer tutorials, webinars, a support portal and more.
local_offerTickets: Users may fill out the form on the SAP Contact Us page for Ticket Support.