What is CA ARCserve D2D?
CA ARCserve D2D is a new disk-based backup solution from CA Technologies. It features an innovative Web 2.0 interface and does block level Image based backups incrementally to Disk. The Bare Metal Recovery to Disimilar hardware amazes most people who try the feature. CA ARCserve D2D takes a full backup initially and thereafter only backs up Incrementals. Based upon a user defined retention count, the first incremental is automatically merged with the initial full backup. In effect, you will never do another full backup with ARCserve D2D
Benefits and Insights
Why use CA ARCserve D2D?
Key differentiators & advantages of CA ARCserve D2D
- Use less storage space, perform backups faster, put less of a load on your production servers with Block-level Infinite Incremental (I2 Technology™) and perform backup as often as every 15 minutes for greater levels of protection.
- Faster and simpler protection for VMware environments with host-based, agent- less backup that protects all VMs on the hypervisor without having to install CA ARCserve D2D in each VM.
- More quickly recover physical and virtual systems with virtual standby that automatically converts CA ARCserve D2D recovery points to VMware and Hyper-V virtual disk formats. Just stand-up the standby VM and redirect users for fast system, application and data recovery.
- Hardware-independent Bare Metal Restore (BMR) speeds system recovery over more traditional methods.
- Speed recovery with single-snapshot backup that offers five restore types: files/folders, volumes, applications, Microsoft Exchange emails and bare-metal restore.