What is Tovuti?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries.
Tovuti is an e-learning platform that allows users to build, analyze and manage training. It helps human resources and other such departments by examining employee learning, displaying a leaderboard and other gamified elements to get salespeople fired up and provides recertification reminders and tracking. When used by educational institutions, teachers use the virtual classrooms, engaging media, flashcards and matching games to help students stay on top of the material.
Through its e-commerce capabilities, administrators can buy and sell classes, design a public-facing website, show reviews of classes and offer subscription packages for high-value training. Ultimately, it supports several teaching styles, comes with comprehensive reporting and has special customization and branding.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Tovuti?
Key differentiators & advantages of Tovuti
- Engaged Learners: It uses gamification, communities, interactive content and other measures to keep uses engaged and active. Students can create profiles that show up on their communities, forums, dashboards and comments. The solution also comes with virtual classrooms where teachers can showcase video, slide decks and other materials in real-time to recreate the in-the-classroom experience.
- Centralized Company Data: The content library is a convenient place to store branding guidelines, worker handbooks, company assets and other bits of important data so everyone has the access they need. It has a responsive design making it accessible by mobile as well as PCs.
- More Efficient Systems: Automation helps divide and deliver information to those who need it most. It does this by segmenting learners, recommending courses, using geofencing for notifications, automatically assigning classrooms, having gated content and giving users the invites to live classrooms and events they need. Managers can set up learning paths so learners get class suggestions after they hit certain milestones. Students can even comment and rate courses to help evaluate the program.
- Supports All Learning Styles: The preferred education style varies depending on the organization or even the individual. Its functionality is suited to various educational ideologies when it comes to education. This includes blended learning, e-learning, instructor-led training, synchronous or asynchronous learning, microlearning and social learning.
Since its founding in 2017, Tovuti has earned recognition in its field. The company won the 2019 Rising Star and Premium Usability Awards from FinancesOnline in 2019. In 2020, it took first place for Micro Employers from the Best Places to Work in Idaho. In terms of broader industry context, it’s been named as a key player in reports such as, “Virtual Classroom Software Market Research Report 2020-2025,” “Social Learning Platforms Market Precise Outlook 2020: SAP Litmos, eFront, TalentCards, Tovuti,” and, “Elearning Authoring Tools Software Market 2020-2026 Exhibit a Huge Growth by Profiling Major Companies.”
- Content Creation: Instructors can access the library to build courses. Once created, they can import audio, PDFs, PowerPoints, videos (i.e. native host, Vimeo or YouTube) and other SCORM standardized files.
- Course Authoring and Management: If instructors don’t have enough material, there are over 7,000 courses to choose from. Classes get downloaded in their entirety or users can pick and choose various lessons. The course authoring capabilities come with over 40 tools for interactive content and are built into the app so there’s no need to export. This includes image hotspots, interactive videos, virtual 360° tours, matching games, flashcards, drag and drop images, voice recognition and branching scenarios for different activities. For testing purposes, it offers quizzes, tests, assessments and has multiple question formats and logic rules.
- Ecommerce: For organizations looking to sell courses, it has pricing capabilities, online purchasing and promo codes. It allows storefronts to control orders, SKUs, product images, taxes, reviews and more. For payment, it works with Authorize.net, Converge (Elavon), Heartland and Stripe.
- Subscriptions and Affiliates: For recurring subscriptions, it lets users manage, discount, pause, renew and comp where appropriate. It also lets the manager know if and when payments have failed. Last, it also contains affiliate functions such as assigning commissions and setting up various levels for a program.
- Corporate Training: HR departments can use the solution to ensure their employees are filling in the necessary skill gaps. In addition to the tracking and reporting tools, it comes with directories so anyone can see the organization map, various departments, partners or members and other important stakeholders.
- Customization: Companies can make their own branded portals with custom logos, navigation, course thumbnails, icons, colors and branding. For more complex operations, there are different portals and subdomains for various departments, branches and locations. Student portals can be specialized with upcoming events, due dates, courses, checklists, badges, and certifications. Employees can even use a personal banner image to make their experience unique. Leaderboards provide a good way to recognize high performers and encourage friendly competition.
- Role Management: Administrators can adjust the capabilities and permissions for different user roles. This digital manager can set permissions, sort and filter reports, add and remove people from groups and more. User profile information can be uploaded all at once from an Excel template. It can add as many custom fields as needed for the form. For exclusive events or groups, attendees can fill a form to get a registration link.
- Microlearning: When students need quick answers to important questions, the microlearning library gives them what they need. It offers PDFs, videos, slides and has a rating system so they can choose the most engaging media.
- Communication: The platform sends reminders by email or geofenced pop-up notifications. Progress reports are automatically sent out to learners. The pop-ups don’t disappear until an issue is resolved to require the user to deal with the issue.
- Reporting and Analytics: It can track data on a large and small scale to evaluate the effectiveness of a program. They can build a custom dashboard for KPIs and pull reports that follow the most important data. Instructors can follow learner progress, export information to Excel, look at class sales, filter, group, sort and auto calculate data. It can manually add grades, keep track of courses and auto-create transcripts.
- Compliance: The software tracks certified employees, looks at when their credentials expire and sends reminders when they need to be renewed. The website contains a guide to provide for HIPPA compliance.
- Events: It can create a registration page, monitor attendance, sell tickets and more for users looking for event management. The solution simultaneously supports both in-person and online participants. It has forms for registration, payment, booking rules and managing attendees.
- Integrations: The platform connects well with other software through its single sign-on functionality (SAML & OAuth 2.0), open API and a beta connection with Zapier to over 1,000 apps. Integrations include BizLibrary, Google Hangouts, SendGrid and Skype.
At the time of this review, these are the limitations of Tovuti according to user feedback:
- The UI is not intuitive and initially difficult to learn
- The price of the Pro version is high and there are other, cheaper alternatives on the market
Tovuti Suite Support
It provides support with onboarding, setup, account management and technical issues. Help is available by phone at +1 (888) 646-2353 or email at [email protected] Users can also use the online help center, read the blog or watch the video training library. The platform offers professional services such as design, creating materials and consulting.
mail_outlineEmail: Email [email protected] for support. There’s also a contact form on the website in the “Contact Us” section.
phonePhone: For assistance, call +1 (888) 646-2353.
schoolTraining: It offers a four-week training program with an onboarding coach to guide new clients through implementation.
local_offerTickets: Clients can fill out and submit support tickets within the program.
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 172 reviews: