What is Litmos?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Litmos
- Encourage Engagement: Features such as gamification help motivate employees to perform well and engage with the content. Employees can track their successes via a group leaderboard and earn badges for completing certain assignments. Social tools such as discussion groups bring learners together and encourage collaboration.
- Create Customized Learning Paths: Customize the learning paths that employees take by combining different courses into a larger group. This allows team members to access content in the correct order and provides learning targeted to a user's specific role.
- Offer Accessible Learning: The interface can be used by people with disabilities, and it’s easy to switch from the default settings to one of the 28 languages provided.
- Generate Revenue via ECommerce: Users can leverage the system's ecommerce features to create a product that can be offered to external users such as partners, vendors and paying customers. The native shopping cart and payment tools integration allows companies to sell courses. Integration with systems for ERP, finance and customer service further aid the ecommerce process.
- Extend Capabilities With Integrations: The Litmos marketplace offers more than 50 integrations with popular apps. Extend the software’s capabilities with Dropbox, Zendesk, Zoom, Shopify, PayPal, Salesforce, GoToTraining, MailChimp and other tools.
- Train Offline: Users can download the iOS or Android app associated with this system, which lets them access courses at times that are most convenient for them. Learners have the option to download content to their mobile devices so they can continue learning when offline.
- Start Training Immediately: For an additional cost, Litmos offers optional, off-the-shelf courses so users can begin to use the system without first building out content. The thousands of video courses offered cover key topics including compliance, health and safety, HR, conflict management, sales, IT, finance and cybersecurity. SAP continually adds new materials to the library, which is accessible for no extra charge.
Litmos serves more than four million users. Its global client base is spread across more than 130 countries and covers a range of sectors. While the software is suitable for all industries, it offers features that are specifically valuable to technology, energy, telecommunications, finance, aviation, healthcare, content, nonprofit, education, hospitality, retail, franchise, automotive and manufacturing companies. Major clients include HP Enterprise, YouTube, Fitbit, Optiva, TTEC and Mercedes Benz.
- Course Builder: A user-friendly interface allows users to create, preview and publish courses. The system includes out-of-the-box modules for surveys, checklist information pages and more. The platform supports Tin Can, SCORM and AICC formats for learning packages and files.
- Assessments and Quizzes: The program enables clients to create quizzes and exams that evaluate employee progress through the various modules. This lets users benchmark retention and reinforce the material for more effective learning. Clients can configure aspects such as the number of questions, the time limit, the passing percentage and more.
- Surveys: Find out what users think about the courses. The software includes a survey tool and pre-built reports for gathering feedback. The system prevents learners from filling out a survey multiple times to ensure accurate results. Survey formats include multiple choice, text comments and a rating scale.
- Instructor-Led Training (ILT): Enhance learning by incorporating instructor-led classes into courses. This module lets clients schedule training sessions, whether online or in a classroom, as well as assign users and view class registrations.
- Reports and Dashboards: This program can help users gain real-time insights on performance and understand the impact of training on an organization. Litmos comes with pre-built reports and dashboards that show course completion, compliance and other important metrics. Users also have the option to build custom reports. All reports can be exported as PDF or CSV files.
- Real-Time Notifications: The system supports alerts that let users monitor learner activity, such as when an employee finishes a course or hits a milestone. The Boost® app allows users to schedule and send push notifications to learners on whatever device works best, even wearables.
- Automation (add-on): This extra feature is a bundle of additional modules that support automation within the system. This includes live video assessments, Litmos Assign for streamlined course assignments and Litmos Persist for greater email functionality.
- Sandboxes (add-on): Use sandboxes to test out changes without putting the main platform at risk. Users can experiment with elements like team structures, customizations, integration set-ups and course designs, among others.
- Doesn’t provide the option to delete users in bulk from the system or to manually deactivate or reactivate users
- The static PowerPoint feature doesn’t have animation support
- Users can’t customize the login page and will need the help of a programmer to add customized headers
- Lacks a grade book feature for learning assessments
SAP Litmos Suite Support
Cost of Ownership for SAP Litmos
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||