What is Auralia?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries.
Auralia is a content library and software for ear training and music theory. The current version, Auralia 6, covers 54 topics beginner through advanced and types of music such as jazz, classical and contemporary. Some of its functions include recording, testing, course management, exam and test structure, notation, syllabus creation and more.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Auralia?
Key differentiators & advantages of Auralia
- Increased Music Literacy: The solution teaches children advanced musical concepts and enables them to perform better musically. This includes better improvisation, sight-reading and singing, the ability to play or transcribe by ear, better performances and other musical abilities.
- Better Student Engagement: It allows students to engage deeper with musical theory and engage in hands-on experience in ear training.
- Time Saver: It saves time during both the prep and grading stages. The solution can record, customize and automatically grade student input. For instructors, it enables the easy creation of quizzes and assessments.
- More Focused Students: The simple design and different input options -- guitar, piano and solfeggio — can help the learner focus.
Auralia was created by the Music Sales Group in Australia. In 2020, the Music Sales Group rebranded as WiseMusic Creative. The company owns two record labels, 60 publishing houses, half a million copyrights and other publishing and art production companies. Recently, their branches have signed composer and instrumentalist Ólafur Arnalds and Evan Dando of The Lemonheads. It owns two music platforms. The first is Auralia. The second is Musition which focuses on music theory.
- Ear Training: Learners can imitate, identify, transcribe and sing musical elements. It allows learners to have unlimited ear training questions in practice.
- Course Management: It lets users group students, select content and deliver information for different subsets. This includes assigning topics, syllabuses, tests, worksheets and more. Courses have different settings depending on the age and ability of the learner, giving them a structured learning environment.
- Course Creation: Users can create their own content, questions or courses and combine it with assets from the library.
- Input: It allows students to answer questions via piano, guitar and solfege so they can complete lessons in the most comfortable way.
- Content Library: The solution provides content covering fundamentals and advanced topics such as intervals, meters, scales, tempo, tonality and more.
- Recording: The solution can create questions with audio recording for assessments, curriculum maps and worksheets.
- Testing: It allows users to create and assign quizzes, tests and worksheets. This includes advanced capabilities including assigning questions, time limits, making adjustments to playback, rounding/weighting scores and more.
- Grading: The solution can grade creative and text answer questions and make it easy for students to appeal their grades.
- Hosting: Users can access the software through the cloud or a local network. If installed locally, it’s accessible from computers on the local network. If installed in the cloud, users can access it from anywhere.
- Devices: Windows and Mac, iPhone, Android, Chromebook, phone and tablet are all supported by this platform.
- Student Records: It can record how long users practice, their score, what they practice and prepare a detailed summary showing progress. Learners can also look at their scores and overall summaries.
- Singing Tech: The solution enables higher-level singing tech such as pitch interval and chord recognition, pitch matching and more.
- Test Navigator: The test navigator allows students to complete questions and review their answers prior to final submission. They can also choose which questions to attempt first, giving them extra control over their examination.
- Integration: It integrates with LMSs such as Moodle, Canvas, Blackboard, D2L, Schoology and the MusicFirst Classroom and grade book support. Users can log in through the integration.
- Notation: Allows teachers to add a notation to programs including transcription and dictation. It also allows users to import/export MusicXML and reuse any existing notation.
- Curriculum and Syllabus Creation: It lets instructors create, map, customize and more to their syllabus and curriculum. Users can create different levels for different students.
Support for Auralia is available by phone or web form. Users can visit the FAQs page for specific information about questions. From the website, users can recover the password and find articles for more information. The company also provides technical support and other training for instructors.
mail_outlineEmail: There is no general support email on the website, but there is an online form to fill out. Passwords can be reset and users can download or update the application from the website.
phonePhone: Support by phone is available from 8:00am to 6:00pm at 1+ (888) 830-4963 for U.S. customers and +61 (3) 9481-3320 for international ones.
schoolTraining: They provide technical support, training for instructors, a library of content web training videos. There’s also a community website that answers common questions and provides information on various versions of the software.
local_offerTickets and Live Chat: There’s no discussion of its ticketing system or a live chat. It’s unclear if it has either.