What is Adobe Captivate?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries.
Adobe Captivate is an online learning authoring tool from Adobe Creative Cloud. The license can be bought separately or paired with others. It provides users with access to royalty-free assets, VR capabilities, responsive video, device-specific design, course management, accessibility materials and more. Some versions also include capabilities for the corporate world such as online learning integration, comprehensive analytics, compliance training and more.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Adobe Captivate?
Key differentiators & advantages of Adobe Captivate
- Reduced Deployment Time: The app lets you preview your course materials across various devices so you can quickly adapt it. This includes testing in VR environments.
- Easy Corporate Integration: Whether with intranet or enterprise systems, it integrates with corporate functionality.
- Better Content Quality: With links to Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition and others, it allows for highly customizable design.
- Greater Asset Access: It contains a whole host of assets like stock photography, themes, videos, buttons, audio and more.
- Higher Engagement: The app increases learner buy-in and engagement through game mechanics such as drag-and-drop games, modules and quizzes.
- Geographic-Specific Materials: It lets you use location-specific content for students engaged in hybrid learning or instructors looking for real-life projects to make courses more engaging.
As part of its Creative Cloud app, Adobe Captivate is optimized for design and integrates with other products in the suite, as well as third-party tech like Microsoft PowerPoint. Adobe Captivate native integrations include Audition (audio), Photoshop (images), Premiere Pro (video) and more. It also has the functionality to create advanced content for VR and special effects.
- Course Management: Instructors can design, manage and publish classes and from pre-made templates.
- Web Conferencing: Video capabilities offer one-on-one interaction between teachers and learners. Learners can engage with quizzes, tests, games and more.
- Migration: The corporate package offers a step-by-step process to help you migrate from an old LMS.
- Accessibility Features: It’s compliant with standards such as the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 and Section 508. There’s also a text-to-speech option and closed captioning.
- VR Learning: In addition to 360-degree virtual classrooms, it allows you to design and deliver lessons in an online environment. It comes with custom layouts and images to create a digital environment.
- Device Capture: It lets iOS systems to record screens in HD and users interact by swiping, tapping and pinching to zoom.
- Quizzes: The testing functionality has short answer questions, multiple-choice and fill-in-the-blank to help with information retention. By sending assessments at key intervals, it helps keep information fresh in students’ minds.
- Reporting and Analytics It has various reporting methodologies to track course effectiveness.
- Video Capabilities: It gives users opportunities to engage with video. This includes inserting interactive slides during the video, timeline bookmarks for students to return to later, quick quiz questions to check on knowledge and screencasting that captures on-screen content and the instructor’s lecture simultaneously.
- GPS Capabilities: With integration to Google Maps, it offers functionality for location-specific assignments and data.
- Mobile Publishing: Public across various mobile platforms at once such as Android, iOS and Windows RT.
- Replace Font: Alternate and specific font replacement allows you to keep brand and quality consistency across devices.
Adobe Captivate Suite SupportAdobe has several outlets for support. For less urgent queries, there is a frequently asked questions section, an online community, a help section and a YouTube channel with tutorials. For specific issues, users can submit tickets through their accounts, call or email customer service or tweet.
mail_outlineEmail: It has a general support email at [email protected] and can be reached via Twitter @AdobeCare.
phonePhone: The customer service line operates from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT, Monday through Friday, at (800) 833-6687.
schoolTraining: It offers free video tutorials and webinars.
local_offerTickets and Online Chat: It uses online ticketing for its support cases which can be submitted through the account. Users can also contact support through a live chat.
Adobe Captivate Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 455 reviews: