What is Absorb LMS?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Absorb LMS
- More Efficiency: The automation of administrative tasks saves money and frees up staff and time. With a 99.99% service uptime for the platform in the last 12 months, it’s reliable for delivering training when it’s needed.
- Better Retention: More consistent training leads to a more educated, secure and happier staff. By investing time and money, workers often feel that their company cares about them and takes control of their careers.
- Streamlined Administration: Through integration with CRMs, HRISs and other legacy solutions, the administration can run smoother in a centralized process. This includes processes for new hires, employee promotion, new customers and more. HR workers can group users by different job roles and automate the courses they’ll need.
- Clear Communication: With information available in one centralized, standardized location, it allows learners to access information easily and stay in touch with the larger organization. Administrators can also control the branding and messaging of the system.
- Increased Learner Engagement: It offers several options to keep students interested. Upon login, students can see billboards or large static images and videos that can link to external pages or the LMS. It also provides targeted social content, leaderboards, polls, news articles and other social learning functions.
- Customization: It allows a company to customize the user experience by the department, customer type, geographic location and more. Administrators can create different experiences for company-facing or public-facing information. It’s also possible to showcase FAQs, articles, specialized courses and other aspects.
- SSO: The solution offers a Single Sign-On capability to cut down on passwords and make it easy for learners to get into the solution.
- E-Commerce: Through e-commerce functions, users can sell content online through over 70 payment gateways. It also provides setup for tax purposes, discount, preferred pricing and is PCI compliant.
- Web Conferencing: Video conferencing is available through a Zoom integration.
- Integrations: The solution has both pre-built turnkey integrations and a RESTful API for use with CRMs, HRISs, time management apps and other tech. Some of its integrations include BambooHR, Ellucian, G Suite, LinkedIn Learning, Microsoft Activity Tracker, Namely and Salesforce.
- Mobile: It offers the Learn mobile app for iOS and Android devices. The app supports Microsoft Office, PDF, SCORM, xAPI, MP4 videos and more.
- Instructor-Led: The solution has an easily searchable library with a number of instructor-led courses.
- Machine Learning: The platform offers a search enhanced through machine learning. This provides learners with targeted-content when it’s needed and has a high-level search function for better results through algorithms. Administrators also get insights into what their employees are searching, the results they found and the results they used.
- Social Learning: It provides several collaborative and gamified options. This includes a threaded comment section, course rating and a system that advises users which courses to take.
- Compliance: The platform complies with GDRP, SOC 2 Type 2, WCAG 2.0 AA, PCI and provides third-party security audits, nightly scans and more. This ensures that data is secure and meets accessibility standards.
- Reporting: It provides an analytics dashboard to analyze data and templates for common types of reports. From there, users can see relevant columns, add custom data fields, set dynamic date filters, target certain groups to monitor and more.
- Content Libraries: Besides being able to sell content online, organizations can choose from several different libraries to download courses and content for their learners. This includes classes on compliance, IT, sales, leadership and other subjects. It integrates with platforms like BizLibrary, LinkedIn Learning, Skill Pill, Skillsoft and Whil.
- Business Intelligence: There’s a BI module that offers new dashboards and reports on business intelligence for an organization.
Absorb Suite Support
Absorb LMS Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
Absorb LMS is an e-learning solution with strong content creation features, constant updates and a good professional development program. Reviewers are generally pleased with the monthly updates to the program, customization, ease of use and flexible nature of the program.
The biggest areas of critique are the e-commerce and reporting features. Reviewers felt that both features weren’t powerful enough. The reporting wasn’t powerful or advanced enough while e-commerce lacks a subscription plan for organizations looking to sell courses and content on a large scale.
Absorb LMS may be a good option for SMBs or enterprise organizations that are looking for course management with strong customer service and implementation support. However, for organizations that need robust reporting or more advanced e-commerce abilities, it may be best to look elsewhere.
Based on 233 reviews: