What is Absorb LMS?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Absorb is a Software-as-a-Service learning system that can create courses, content and support training. It won over 40 awards and served over 1000 customers and 12 million users. On the platform, administrators have access to content libraries, e-commerce, mobile capabilities, custom branding, social learning and more. It integrates with multiple other technologies to offer several functions.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Absorb LMS?
Key differentiators & advantages of Absorb LMS
- More Efficiency: The automation of administrative tasks saves money and frees up staff and time. With a 99.99% service uptime for the platform in the last 12 months, it’s reliable for delivering training when it’s needed.
- Better Retention: More consistent training leads to a more educated, secure and happier staff. By investing time and money, workers often feel that their company cares about them and takes control of their careers.
- Streamlined Administration: Through integration with CRMs, HRISs and other legacy solutions, the administration can run smoother in a centralized process. This includes processes for new hires, employee promotion, new customers and more. HR workers can group users by different job roles and automate the courses they’ll need.
- Clear Communication: With information available in one centralized, standardized location, it allows learners to access information easily and stay in touch with the larger organization. Administrators can also control the branding and messaging of the system.
- Increased Learner Engagement: It offers several options to keep students interested. Upon login, students can see billboards or large static images and videos that can link to external pages or the LMS. It also provides targeted social content, leaderboards, polls, news articles and other social learning functions.
Absorb acquired three companies in 2019 including ePath Learning. It serves several high profile clients such as Sony, Allstate, Red Robin and Airbnb. The organization has multiple awards. In 2019 alone, it won the Brandon Hall: Best Advance in Learning Management Technology; the Gartner Peer Insights “Voice of the Customer” for Corporate Learning; a PCMag’s Editors’ Choice; Canada’s Top 100 and Alberta’s Top Employer; and many others.
- Customization: It allows a company to customize the user experience by the department, customer type, geographic location and more. Administrators can create different experiences for company-facing or public-facing information. It’s also possible to showcase FAQs, articles, specialized courses and other aspects.
- SSO: The solution offers a Single Sign-On capability to cut down on passwords and make it easy for learners to get into the solution.
- E-Commerce: Through e-commerce functions, users can sell content online through over 70 payment gateways. It also provides setup for tax purposes, discount, preferred pricing and is PCI compliant.
- Web Conferencing: Video conferencing is available through a Zoom integration.
- Integrations: The solution has both pre-built turnkey integrations and a RESTful API for use with CRMs, HRISs, time management apps and other tech. Some of its integrations include BambooHR, Ellucian, G Suite, LinkedIn Learning, Microsoft Activity Tracker, Namely and Salesforce.
- Mobile: It offers the Learn mobile app for iOS and Android devices. The app supports Microsoft Office, PDF, SCORM, xAPI, MP4 videos and more.
- Instructor-Led: The solution has an easily searchable library with a number of instructor-led courses.
- Machine Learning: The platform offers a search enhanced through machine learning. This provides learners with targeted-content when it’s needed and has a high-level search function for better results through algorithms. Administrators also get insights into what their employees are searching, the results they found and the results they used.
- Social Learning: It provides several collaborative and gamified options. This includes a threaded comment section, course rating and a system that advises users which courses to take.
- Compliance: The platform complies with GDRP, SOC 2 Type 2, WCAG 2.0 AA, PCI and provides third-party security audits, nightly scans and more. This ensures that data is secure and meets accessibility standards.
- Reporting: It provides an analytics dashboard to analyze data and templates for common types of reports. From there, users can see relevant columns, add custom data fields, set dynamic date filters, target certain groups to monitor and more.
- Content Libraries: Besides being able to sell content online, organizations can choose from several different libraries to download courses and content for their learners. This includes classes on compliance, IT, sales, leadership and other subjects. It integrates with platforms like BizLibrary, LinkedIn Learning, Skill Pill, Skillsoft and Whil.
- Business Intelligence: There’s a BI module that offers new dashboards and reports on business intelligence for an organization.
Absorb Suite Support
It offers phone support, a self-service portal, email support or tickets. There’s a training program for administrators called Absorb Academy with tutorials and more content. For general users, there’s a help desk page with discussion boards, notes and access to a knowledge base. Customers can also fill out a form on the website.
mail_outlineEmail: Email [email protected] to open support tickets. Uses can also fill out a form on the website.
phonePhone: The support phone number is +1 (877) 820-2575 for North America, +61 (1800) 531 598 for Australia and +44 (808) 281 2767 for the U.K. For support in other countries, check the website or submit a support ticket.
schoolTraining: They generally provide onboarding and training for all subscribers. Depending on the package, they may also have access to an account representative or higher-level business assistance. There’s also a training program for administrators called the Absorb Academy.
local_offerTickets: Open support tickets by emailing [email protected] or visiting the website. Most tickets are resolved within 2-24 hours and could be resolved faster depending on the customer service package. Live chat is available through the help site.