Best Cloud-Based LMS
Now that we’ve covered the how, why and what of learning management software, it’s time to get to the who. These are the top five cloud-based LMS, based on our analysts’ assessment, and what you must know before you buy:
Adobe Captivate Prime is a platform that’s notable for its robust functionality and options for content and training delivery. Administrative control features can create a hierarchy so one main brand can control a web of partner sites. Used by midsize and enterprise businesses, its capabilities include course and team management, authoring tools, pre-made assets, custom workflows and HTML5 support for mobile design.
A cloud LMS can bring many design elements to the table.
Fluidic Player and Intuitive Dashboard
The fluidic player is a universal playback device that can access multiple kinds of content. By using one plugin, rather than requiring a user to filter through different windows, sites and learn different players, it creates a smoother experience for accessing content. Users can access files in a multitude of formats including PDF, PPT, DOCX, SCORM, AICC and xAPI formats.
This means that instructors don’t have to worry about fitting different content into their presentation. Instead, they can more easily stream lessons with a wider variety of materials. Instructors can pick the best content each time, not just the content with the right format.
Branching and User Management
User management lets administrators enroll individuals, assign work and manage roles. From there, they get divided by brand, channel, client, division, department, partner or location while still being grouped under one big umbrella. Individual locations can customize and brand while global reporting keeps an eye on progress.
Training and Development
It helps organizations develop their team in the following ways:
Employee Skill Development
It drives engagement and increases skill level through gamification features such as certifications, leaderboards, milestones and badges. The platform also comes with a task list that lets them see how they stack up against their coworkers. On the management side, executives can make decisions regarding training priorities based on performance.
Sales and Customer Service
For outward-facing workers who are in the weeds with customers, it has quick delivery for microlearning quick product updates, company policy or new releases in the field.
If an organization needs to coach its customers on the use of their product or channel, it has personalized materials and customizable URLs to present relevant and engaging information.
Language, Format and Delivery Type
Designate the language, format or preferred method of delivery to get the most out of the process This could include instructor-led and virtual classrooms. It can also access materials offline. If used offline, it’s auto-synced when back online.
- Attendance: Students can sign-in by scanning a QR code.
- Compliance: It has audit-ready reporting to ensure compliance.
- Discussion Boards: Students, staff and other learners can collaborate and post. Administrators can divide groups based on job title, skill level or subject.
- Learning Summary: Managers see a visual overview of completion rates, enrollments and worker progress. They can sort by team view or training view.
- Note-Taking: Users can create bookmarks, make notes for revision and then email their notes to themselves when finished.
- Social Learning: The AI-driven search allows users to find posts, discussions and user-generated information on discussion boards or through a feed.
- It can’t export reports from the content library.
- No evaluation or employee communication modules.
- It can’t upload customized certificates.
- There’s no custom role within the import log.
It comes with a 30-day free trial and begins at a starting price of $4.00 per month per user with a minimum of 10 users. From there, it has various premium options.
Adobe Captivate is a great solution for medium to large enterprises or educational institutions that need robust playback and delivery options. Worker training and development in particular could benefit from its wide range of functionality.