What is ShipMonk?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
ShipMonk is a cloud-based inventory system that helps companies manage inventory and execute multichannel order fulfillment. It enables organizations to focus on product marketing and selling to improve growth, with backend logistics handled by a range of modules. Through its API integrations, users can synchronize data directly with an online shopping cart and automatically import all orders.
Its capabilities include e-commerce fulfillment, retail fulfillment, subscription box fulfillment, crowdfunding fulfillment, FBA prep services and more. A free trial is available to help users make an informed decision.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use ShipMonk?
Key differentiators & advantages of ShipMonk
- Shipping Discounts: The platform is integrated with most major carriers, which lets users leverage shipping discounts to save money.
- Customer Experience: Custom packaging, specialty packing material, gift messaging, promotional inserts and stickers are some ways the system helps build brand value and create memorable customer experiences.
- Easy to Use: The software has a simple, intuitive interface that helps users view and manage all their inventory and sales data from a single dashboard.
- Multiple Channel Integrations: The software helps save time and effort spent on manual order input by providing integration with more than 70 shopping carts and retailers, all free of charge. It can sync with Shopify, PayPal, eBay, Walmart, Yahoo and more.
- Transparent Billing: The platform provides a precise cost breakdown in the billing portal that helps users control budgets more effectively.
- Multiple Warehouse Shipping: Users have complete access to view and manage multiple warehouses through one dashboard. This allows them to ship from warehouses spread across different locations.
- Date-Driven Clarity: The system facilitates better decisions through extensive data insights. Reporting tools offer a complete breakdown and real-time view of revenue data, shipping location and destinations, inventory levels, fulfillment statuses, total items, orders shipped and low stock alerts.
ShipMonk provides inventory management services to small and medium-sized businesses worldwide. Most of its clients are startups, crowdfunding campaigns, subscription box companies and e-commerce businesses (B2B and B2C).
- E-Commerce Fulfillment: Users can map SKUs across all sales channels by leveraging API integrations, high bandwidth that supports up to 10,000 orders per day, automated mapping and item bundling. Other functionalities of the module include strategic inventory system designing, with designated storage areas, return management and custom packing options. Dedicated happiness engineers are available to run users through all procedures.
- Amazon FBA Services: Inventory managers get access to FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) services, which include free shipping offers, along with Prime membership order fulfilling entitlements through Amazon.
- Warehouse Automation: This feature helps businesses increase efficiency, experience quicker fulfillment, boost picking accuracy, reduce fulfillment costs and receive secure storage.
- Freight Management: ShipMonk facilitates importing and managing inventory, as well as enables freight coordination, by guiding users through essential documentation.
- User Permission: Users can add other users to their accounts and also select the data permissions that each user can access. Such user permissions can be added, edited and omitted any time.
- Data Security: The solution assures enterprise-grade security of data and exercises all necessary measures to protect user privacy.
- Actionable Reports: A dashboard provides access to cost reviews, orders and breakdowns of shipment units, including the destination where orders are sent most frequently.
- Special Projects: Tasks such as labeling, counting, repacking and quality control of goods that may fall outside fulfillment tasks are categorized as special projects and can be executed through the platform.
- Returns Management: ShipMonk lets users create shipping labels from their dashboard and get alerts when returns reach the warehouse. The platform enables users to manage multiple types of product returns such as exchanges for a different color or size, quality control, sorting, product assessment and testing.
Based on user feedback at the time of writing this review, some of the product limitations include:
- A minimum fee is levied on users selling less than 100 products per month, making it more suitable for companies dealing in bulk sales.
- The lack of a mobile app hinders usability and it is challenging to navigate the browser site on a mobile device.
ShipMonk Suite Support
The software’s support center consists of support forums and live chat, along with the options mentioned below.
mail_outlineEmail: Users can contact ShipMonk’s happiness engineers at [email protected]
phonePhone: To receive phone support, users can call (855) 222-4601.
schoolTraining: Users can access self-training materials such as blogs and ebooks in the “Resources” section of the website.
local_offerTickets: To submit a ticket, customers need to fill out a form.