What is QuickBooks Commerce?
Industry Specialties: Online Retailers and Wholesalers
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of QuickBooks Commerce
- Stronger Customer Relationships: Stores critical supplier and customer information in one easily accessible place. Keep track of vital customer information for quicker communication and problem resolution.
- Native iOS App: Offers a native iOS app that lets businesses manage their products, customers and orders on-the-go. The app features a mobile-optimized product catalog, barcode scanning, access to customer data, creation and management of orders, access to inventory and sales data, access to map views and use of the device camera to capture and upload product images. Additionally, the native iOS app also supports offline access.
- Better Data Visibility: Supplies users with a number of reporting and analytical tools to provide them with valuable operational data. This information can expedite the planning process while also allowing managers to better plan for the future.
- Optimized Organization: Contains multiple inventory control and management features that can optimize the placement and movement of stock. Speed up warehousing tasks with a streamlined inventory system that provides a location for all stock moving through the warehouse.
- Reduce Errors: Improving stock organization can cut down on issues related to human error. By assessing problem areas, users can solve issues before they become costly problems.
- Save Time: Spend less time on tedious manual tasks like spreadsheet management and updating sales channels to focus on selling and growing the business.
- Wide-Ranging Capabilities: Comes stocked with features like warehouse management, inventory automation, supply chain management, wholesale management, stock tracking and more.
- Accessible B2B eCommerce Portal: A customizable private URL and online store to support bulk sales is available. With the B2B store, businesses can white-label items to represent their brand, create custom price lists, advertise featured products and special offers, accept credit card payments and manage the order process.
- Globalization: International businesses can also benefit from multiple warehouse, currency and tax type support. Remote teams across the globe can also access their accounts and view real-time updates on-the-go.
- Multiple Integrations: Integrates with a number of third-party platforms. Some of these include Xero, Amazon, QuickBooks, Shopify and ShipStation.
- Inventory Control: Prevent stockout situations, receive automatic updates on stock levels and create prompt reorders with comprehensive inventory features. Stock can be tracked and organized via barcode scanning to speed up the retrieval and storage of products.
- Multichannel Sales: Provides a central location to manage sales through a number of channels. Users can sell through marketplaces, B2C e-commerce, B2B e-commerce and mobile applications.
- Warehouse Management: Features warehouse management tools to further streamline critical inventory operations. Shipping, picking, packing and receiving are all contained within the functions of its inventory platform. Support for multi-warehouse operations is also present.
- Order Management: Tracks orders and syncs order, inventory, customer and supplier information through one system. Sales reports can be accessed in real time while quickly and accurately fulfilling orders.
- Fulfillment: Leverage stock takes, barcode label printing, barcode scanners and pick, pack and ship.
- Manufacturing Support: Its manufacturing module lets users manage all assembly and sales tasks while allowing for the creation of production and parts orders as well as bills of materials.
- Inventory Optimization: Businesses are required to integrate their Lokad account, available in the app store, with the system to optimize inventory with demand forecasting. Lokad can automatically calculate the number of reorder units needed for a business based on their inventory records. Stock is reordered when inventory levels hit preset reorder units.
- Price List Management: Add or change product prices using the price list importer, assign price lists with special discount rates for selected customers, set price breaks and access custom price lists on-the-go via the mobile application.
- Sales Reports: Leverage sales reports that list all important details and statuses related to them. Reports can be filtered by product, variant, customer, sales representative, channel, location and time period. Sales reports assist with sales channel analysis, performance monitoring and sales trends across customers and products, calculation of commissions and more.
- Manufacturing: Creates bills of materials for finished goods. Includes the creation and management of production orders that account for a complete list of component parts. The system can also alert users about insufficient stock, support batch tracking, and automatically reconcile production run efficiencies with accounting applications.
- Does not allow users to perform a cycle count or inventory audit
- Does not offer a B2B e-commerce platform with the basic plan
- Not equipped to handle large data quantities. Users must break the data up rather than importing a large amount at once
- Integration with Xero has some issues, especially when transferring customer information between platforms.
- Limited support options
Cost of Ownership
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||
QuickBooks Commerce Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
QuickBooks meets the requirements of many businesses accounting needs. Intuitive and easy to use, users liked its payroll and invoicing features. It allows for seamless integration with banks, financial management software, credit cards and more. They found that it aids in keeping track of company bills and expenses that can be downloaded, shared and categorized. Reviewers complained that support had a long wait and wished that direct contact for professional services was available. The system can be slow and laggy at times. Users said that the licensing price is high for the basic features provided, and monthly licensing can be laborious.
Based on 343 reviews: