What is Microsoft Identity Integration Server 2003, Enterprise Edition?
Microsoft Identity Integration Server (MIIS) 2003 is a centralized service that stores and integrates identity information for organizations with multiple directories. The goal of MIIS 2003 is to provide organizations with a unified view of all known identity information about users, applications, and network resources. MIIS 2003 helps improve productivity, reduce security risk, and reduce the total cost of ownership associated with managing and integrating identity information across the enterprise.
Benefits and Insights
Why use Microsoft Identity Integration Server 2003, Enterprise Edition?
Key differentiators & advantages of Microsoft Identity Integration Server 2003, Enterprise Edition
MIIS 2003 is the third major release of our identity management and integration product-encompassing more than four years of experience solving complex identity management problems for customers. In answer to customer requests for a product that helps reduce the cost of managing identity information spread throughout their enterprise, MIIS 2003 enables you to:
- Synchronize identity information. With MIIS 2003, you can synchronize identity information across a wide variety of heterogeneous directory and non-directory identity stores. This allows you to automate the process of updating identity information across disparate platforms while maintaining the integrity and ownership of that data across the enterprise.
- Provision and de-provision accounts. MIIS 2003 allows you to easily provision and de-provision user's accounts and identity information such as distribution, e-mail, and security groups across systems and platforms. New accounts for employees can be created quickly based on events or changes in authoritative stores like the human resources system. Additionally, when employees leave a company, they can be immediately de-provisioned from those same systems.
- Synchronize and manage passwords. MIIS 2003 enables password synchronization, self-service, and help desk-initiated password management and reset from a Web browser. End users and help desk staff no longer have to use multiple tools to change passwords across multiple systems as MIIS automates the synchronization of passwords. Password management capabilities allow passwords to be easily reset across multiple systems from one easy-to-use Web interface.
- SQL Server 2000 IntegrationBecause performance, scalability, and reliability are essential business needs for any infrastructure product, SQL Server 2000 has been selected as the data repository for your identity information. SQL Server 2000 provides a powerful and comprehensive data management platform with revolutionary self-tuning and dynamic self-configuring features that optimize database performance.
- Visual Studio .NET IntegrationCustomers who wish to customize or extend the capabilities of MIIS 2003 can use any of the languages supported by Visual Studio .NET 2003, such as Visual Basic.NET, Visual C++.NET, Visual C#.NET, Visual J#.NET, or a third-party language such as Perl. Visual Studio .NET 2003 offers a highly productive environment in which you can extend or customize your MIIS 2003 implementation