Employees are a crucial part of your organization. As you continually grow and expand, keeping track of everything from employee’s time to the amount of leave time taken becomes difficult to track. For lower churn rates, you should provide them with robust employee scheduling software. There are quite a few open-source employee scheduling software suites available on the market to get things done efficiently. But before we look at the top performers, let’s look at what employee scheduling software does.
Compare Top Employee Scheduling Software Leaders
What is Employee Scheduling Software?
Employee scheduling software is designed to help organizations track time, automate employee scheduling, increase employee productivity and streamline employee allocation. These systems usually track sick, vacation and compensation time while addressing common employee scheduling problems. Data from these systems can also be used to process payroll and analyze past activities to gain helpful insights.
Employee scheduling software typically includes mobile applications to track attendance, facilitate onboarding and limit overtime. These features help managers reduce employee turnover and tackle employee management challenges, and are much more efficient than using spreadsheets or whiteboards and markers. Both paid and open-source employee scheduling software suites are available on the market.
Now that you know what employee scheduling software is let’s look at some of the benefits of employee scheduling software.
- Time Tracking: Time tracking is one of the most important benefits of employee scheduling software. This feature lets you track the time employees spend on various tasks and thereby assess their efficiency. You can also manage attendance issues and address them proactively when they arise.
- Increase Productivity and Efficiency: These systems reduce the time managers take to create and coordinate employee schedules. Managers can automate scheduling, which lets them concentrate on other essential tasks.
- Lower Costs: Employee scheduling software automates employee time management tasks, freeing up teams for more valuable processes. Managers and HR personnel can focus their energy and time on other revenue-increasing tasks.
- Forecast Staff Workload: Managers working on projects must plan and schedule for employees at peak times. For example, the retail industry needs more employees during the holidays as foot traffic increases. Managers have to prepare for seasonal fluctuations, and employee scheduling software helps managers assess and plan for them. You can also avoid overscheduling and save valuable resources while setting optimal schedules.
- Simplify HR Processes: Automation tools let a single manager handle recurring scheduling tasks without involving the entire team.
These aren’t the only benefits you’ll reap from integrating an employee scheduling solution, but why should you choose open-source software?
Why Choose Free Software?
The biggest advantage of using open-source employee scheduling software is that it is free and does not add to the cost of conducting business. The only cost that the business incurs is the price of implementation, this low cost of entry makes these systems advantageous for small and medium-sized companies. These systems also help developers speed up their development processes.
However, since these systems are open source, businesses need to hire a developer to implement them. The main disadvantage of these suites is that most open-source software can only be deployed as a self-hosted solution. They also do not offer mobile apps and must be accessed over the web.