What is Zoho People?
Industry Specialties: IT, Media & Advertising, Healthcare, Education, Finance
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Zoho People
- Provide Employee Self-Service (ESS): Zoho People enables employees to access their information. They can apply for leave, edit personal details, mark skills, monitor their information such as available PTO and more, all from a central dashboard.
- Streamline Document Management: A document repository provides a central location for storing and accessing company assets, eliminating the need for physical paperwork. Access permissions keep sensitive documents secure, and notifications keep employees updated when files are added. The tool also connects with e-signature apps to simplify managing contracts, offer letters and more.
- Track Attendance & Time: Tools such as shared calendars, an automated scheduler, timesheets and time logs help you manage time tracking. You can record time worked on projects, assign different shifts to different pay rates and schedule jobs, among other things. Zoho People also includes geo-tracking, integration with biometric devices, clock in and clock out tools, and flexibility to configure each user’s settings.
- Simplify Tasks: Workflow automation allows you to cut down on the time involved managing common tasks. The system takes you through the set up process and lets you assign criteria for triggers. Automations include configuring email alerts, managing tasks, setting event reminders, scheduling reports and email updates, and updating data fields as changes occur within your company.
- Customize the System: You can generate custom forms of any type using a drag-and-drop interface and a host of field types to capture the information you want. There are also settings for configuring user access and functionality that allows you to reuse forms. Validation rules give you the ability to put limits on what people can enter into fields. In addition, you can set custom actions to trigger events instead of needing to put workflows in place.
- Ensure GDPR Compliance: Features that support editing, deleting and transferring data to another controller ensure compliance with GDPR requirements, such as the right to rectify, the right to erasure and the right to data portability. It also contains audit logs that record processing activities, data encryption capability and security measures such as location-based restrictions.
- Extend Zoho People: Besides connecting with additional HR-related applications, Zoho People can integrate with the larger suite of Zoho products for project management, bookkeeping, invoicing, analytics, CRM and more. It also connects with third-party apps including Zapier, G Suite, QuickBooks, DocuSign and Adobe Sign to achieve a scalable solution.
- Promote Collaboration: The solution provides tools that facilitate effective communication. Feeds allow workers to easily track information such as announcements, shift updates and project details, while managers can see the requests that are pending approval. You can send messages to individuals, entire departments or other types of groups. The solution also keeps everyone informed about updates via mobile and web notifications.
- Employee Database Management: Zoho People provides a central database for managing employee information. You can split people into groups, bulk add employees, and centralize records from different countries. It also includes an org tree and communication tools for group or department collaboration. Automatic syncing between the platform and other integrated systems ensures data accuracy and eliminates manual entry.
- Leave Management: The software allows you to customize leave management rules for simplified calculation of PTO, rollovers and more. It also supports a global workforce with configuration options for different regional holidays. Different views let employees quickly see their leave data and automatic scheduling tools allow you to convert absences into leaves for administrative purposes.
- Analytics: Reports and dashboards provide insights into every aspect of HR management. You can track metrics like turnover, hiring vs. attrition, growth rates, tasks, employee counts, time logs and more.
- Performance Management: The system supports feedback from multiple sources for more accurate assessments. It also facilitates review cycles where employees and managers can engage in 360-degree feedback. Tagging allows employees to show what skills they have, which you can then match with job requirements. Key Resulting Areas (KRAs), goal setting and tracking, and skills work together to reveal performance, and you can use competency ratings to evaluate employees. Finally, analysis and reporting tools reveal performance insights.
- Mobile App: Native apps for iOS and Android devices support all HR functions, giving users full capability anywhere. Many actions only require a single click to complete.
- Case Management: With this feature, your organization can handle all cases and requests created by employees. You can build categories and include documents such as FAQs and policies for easy access. Comment functionality within individual cases removes the need for email exchanges, and you can manage other case details directly from each case’s tab.
Zoho People Suite Support
Zoho People Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on the aggregate of reviews from the sources above, the following pros and cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
Zoho People is a good solution for growing companies as it supports businesses of all sizes and is easy to use. The ability to create and add custom modules, using tabs and forms, is a noteworthy functionality. The biggest drawback at this time is the absence of payroll and recruiting modules. It also suffers from bugs and has an under-featured mobile app. However, it’s time and performance management capabilities have a lot to offer. All in all, it’s a good value for the price with some great features and benefits, best for companies that don’t mind using third-party payroll and recruitment solutions.
Based on 303 reviews: