What is Zenefits?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Zenefits
- Reduce Manual Work: Create approval workflows that make daily tasks more efficient to complete. Workflows can apply to any employee changes, such as promotions, terminations and new hires.
- Gain Intelligent Insights: Everyone from executives to administrators can access reports, with permission settings available to maintain security. View real-time data using pre-built reports show metrics for turnover, compensation, equal opportunity and more, along with custom reports that deliver the most important KPIs.
- Give Employees Control: Employee self-service (ESS) allows employees to manage their information — everything from viewing pay stubs to updating benefits elections.
- Foster Employee Well-Being: Zenefits partners with Thrive Global to provide wellbeing tools. Spot problems and monitor progress with assessments, and use results to trigger recommended content and training from Thrive to address each employee’s needs.
- Provide Mobile Access: Take Zenefits on the go with native apps for iOS and Android give users the ability to. Benefits information, pay stubs, a company directory, a time clock for hourly employees and a task inbox are among the features. Admin capabilities support processes for performance reviews, payroll, time off and more.
- Simplify PTO: Employees can view and request time off in a few steps via the mobile app.
- Meet Compliance Obligations: Stay compliant with regulations such as ACA via built-in explanations, configuration suggestions based on company data, e-filing, compliance status visibility, offboarding features, ERISA data storage and more. Collect all information related to payroll and taxes.
- Connect to Other Platforms: Use third-party apps for ATS, productivity, 401(k), expense management, employee engagement, learning and development, accounting, and more. Apps include G Suite, Slack, OnPay, Salesforce, Office 365, Box, QuickBooks, Lessonly, Asana and Zapier.
- Payroll: Run payroll in three clicks, automatically file taxes, view a payroll timeline, add new employees to the payroll and prorate their first paycheck. Regular data updates reflect changes anywhere else in Zenefits.
- Zenefits Pay Connect: Automatically sync Zenefits data with an external payroll system. All changes are compiled into a checklist for full visibility into what’s been updated, allowing manual updates if needed.
- Benefits Administration: Offer standard medical, dental and vision benefits, along with life and disability insurance. Commuter benefits, COBRA administration, workers comp, FSA and HSA are also included. Employees can filter from hundreds of providers for easy comparison and manage their information from a dashboard.
- Time Management: Monitor clock-in and clock-out times, as well as hours worked per pay period, with real-time dashboards. Other capabilities include configurable PTO policies, process workflows, calendar views, single click approvals, and employee self-service for taking sick days and requesting time off.
- TimeKeeper iPad App: Protect against fraud by taking pictures of employees when they check in or out.
- Performance Management: Leverage goal management, meetings, action items and performance tracking. Conduct peer and 360-degree reviews, with prebuilt templates and customizable questions.
- Zenefits Documents: Centralize employee documents and drill down for more details. In-product guidance, filters, categorization and uploading are key features. Integration with the rest of the platform facilitates filing and updating.
- Hiring: Complete all hiring activities digitally, build offer letters from a template, send reminder emails and run background checks.
- Onboarding: New hire info syncs across the suite, eliminating dual entry. New employees can manage their end of the process to ensure accurate, timely information.
- Compliant Assistant: Track deadlines, manage tasks and access a resource center.
- Slow response times from customer service, even for urgent issues.
- Errors and problems surrounding tax filing.
- Hard to find some info due to confusing navigation.
- Not enough functionality on the mobile app.
Zenefits Suite Support
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from user ratings and reviews, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
Zenefits provides payroll processing, pay stubs, time off, benefits and more in a unified platform. Many reviewers noted customer service isn’t the best and it lacks integration with some other platforms. The system also takes a long time to load, hindering productivity. However, it provides all essential HR features, offers great customization and doesn’t require training as it’s easy to use. This makes it a good contender for smaller companies looking for an intuitive and comprehensive HR experience.
Based on 1062 reviews: