What is SumTotal?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
SumTotal is a configurable, unified platform that enables businesses to attract, build and retain talent. Its modules deliver capabilities for talent acquisition, talent development, learning management, talent management and workforce management. These modules assist organizations with recruiting, mentoring, career path planning, onboarding, continuous feedback, succession planning and more.
It also provides an ATS that enables employee tracking from the receiving résumés to onboarding. Cloud-based and on-premise deployment are available, and it can be used on smartphones or tablets.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use SumTotal?
Key differentiators & advantages of SumTotal
- Employee Retention: The software provides tools for employee development, management and learning practices that encourage employee retention.
- Enhanced Productivity: SumTotal can help talent managers with continuous onboarding to speed up overall productivity.
- Organizational Stability: Learning-centered employee development builds an agile workforce that is adaptable to ever-changing business environments.
- Learning Ecosystem: The solution invests in research and development on the latest learning trends, which managers can leverage to enhance their employees' learning experience.
- Talent Engagement: Employers can use the tools to engage top talent while moving through the recruitment process, understand their workforce, identify the best talent and build a seamless experience for candidates as well as hiring teams.
- Enhanced Candidate Experience: The recruiting solutions provide a positive experience for candidates through functionalities such as smartphone-optimized sites with intelligent and automated interview tools, candidate matching and an easy-to-use mobile app interface. It also promotes transparent communication through a user dashboard that keeps applicants informed about upcoming interview forms required to fill and their interviewer.
- Accelerated Time-to-Performance: The SumTotal learning portal enables new hires to leverage seamless onboarding training so they can get up to speed quickly. It also provides unique company policies and work culture so they can become familiar with the company at the outset.
- Smooth Role Switch: Current employees can access onboarding plans for new roles that include defined goals, new teams and KPI’s that ensure a more seamless transition to new responsibilities.
- Robust Manager and Admin Capabilities: Managers and administrators can easily view, schedule, filter, mark up and share reports from a mobile dashboard. The software helps leverage reporting tools, advanced reports and dashboards that can be accessed in one click.
- Informed Compensation Plans: The system supports smart, data-driven compensation plans. Managers can base pay according to preset or custom compensation plans. Real-time performance insights and budget modeling enable managers to make informed, fair and cost-effective compensation plans.
SumTotal specializes in serving industries such as financial service providers, airlines, healthcare, retail, government, industrial manufacturing, technology and communications, life sciences and pharmaceuticals, business and consulting services, and education. Although SumTotal supports organizations of all sizes, it has a specialized product for small and medium businesses.
- Talent Development: This module gives organizations the combined functionality of talent onboarding, talent management and learning management solutions to cater to talent development requirements.
- Talent Acquisition: The software offers a set of tools that help create a streamlined hiring cycle, hire the right talent, engage fresh recruits and drive productivity from day one.
- Learning Management: Managers can provide a customized, personalized and engaging learning experience tailored to the skill and competency of individuals rather than the whole team. Ease of access on all devices, along with an offline mode, ensures seamless and consistent access to content and courses.
- Talent Management: Personalized and intuitive tools help empower employees to pursue career growth and development. Capabilities include performance management, 360-degree feedback, succession planning and compensation management.
- Performance Management: The performance management solutions provide comprehensive feedback and tools that make feedback actionable, constructive and insightful. It lets users measure workforce productivity, progress and priorities in real time.
- Succession Planning: This functionality enables talent managers to identify and assess skill gaps, build agile talent pools and align employee success with business goals and objectives.
- Compensation Management: Organizations can simplify and streamline compensation plans as well as build competitive packages that help attract and retain best recruits. It offers workflow automation and compensation management tools that aid compliance with complex global compensation policies.
- Workforce Management: Bundled payroll, benefits and expense management enable users to leverage technology to minimize time, cost and efforts, and maximize accuracy. Features include automated scheduling, time and attendance, absence management, and compliance.
- Applicant Tracking System: The platform includes real-time alerts and notifications for offer approvals, a unique dashboard and reports widgets, customizable requisitions, and a consolidated requisition workspace.
- Mobility: SumTotal’s mobile-first solution provides access to tools and reporting capabilities at all times and from any location. The dashboard can be operated using a tablet, desktop, mobile app or a phone browser.
- Growth Edition: The solution is designed to cater to the needs of fast-growing small and medium-sized businesses. It consists of features such as webinars, instructor-led training, approvals and additional learning resources that users can access and configure as and when needed.
- Extended Enterprise: Organizations can build a brand image, accelerate growth and drive new sources of potential revenue through extended enterprise solutions. The solutions help provide an enriched and optimized learning experience to distributors, partners and customers.
- Gamified and Collaborative Learning: The tools help assess and accelerate learning with gamification capabilities that include leaderboards and points, levels and badges. These elements enhance employee engagement by identifying and rewarding the right learning behaviors. Functionalities such as collaborative learning, up-to-date content, feedback and social ratings help enrich the knowledge of fresh recruits.
SumTotal solutions have a few pitfalls to be aware of, based on user feedback at the time of this review:
- The software lacks a user-friendly administration system.
- The extraction of reports can be slow and cumbersome.
- Additional IT assistance is required for setting up integration among the modules.
SumTotal Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Users can share general inquiries and comments that are unrelated to support incidents, at [email protected]
phonePhone: U.S. users can contact +1 (877) 868-2527 (toll-free), anytime between 5:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m (Pacific time- GMT 8). Dedicated support helplines for users from other geographical locations can be found on the website.
schoolTraining: Blogs on several topics are present in the “Resources” section of SumTotal’s website.
local_offerTickets: For online support, users can log in to SumTotal Connect to share technical support incidents.
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 28 reviews: