What is SumTotal?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of SumTotal
- Employee Retention: Provide tools for employee development, management and learning practices that encourage employee retention.
- Enhanced Productivity: Talent managers can continuously onboarding to speed up overall productivity.
- Organizational Stability: Learning-centered employee development builds an agile workforce that is adaptable to changing business environments.
- Learning Ecosystem: Invest in research and development on the latest learning trends, which managers can leverage to enhance employees' learning experience.
- Talent Engagement: Engage top talent while moving through the recruitment process, understand the workforce, identify the best talent and build a seamless experience for candidates as well as hiring teams.
- Enhanced Candidate Experience: Offer smartphone-optimized sites with intelligent and automated interview tools, candidate matching, and an easy-to-use mobile app interface. Keep applicants informed about upcoming interview details via a user dashboard.
- Accelerated Time-to-Performance: Seamless onboarding training helps new hires get up to speed quickly. Provide unique company policies and work culture for them to become familiar with the company.
- Smooth Role Switch: Access onboarding plans for new roles that include defined goals, new teams and KPI’s that ensure a more seamless transition to new responsibilities.
- Robust Manager and Admin Capabilities: Managers and administrators can easily view, schedule, filter, mark up and share reports from a mobile dashboard. Leverage reporting tools, advanced reports and dashboards at a single click.
- Informed Compensation Plans: Create smart, data-driven compensation plans according to preset or custom parameters. Real-time performance insights and budget modeling make compensation informed, fair and cost-effective.
- Talent Development: Provides combined functionality of talent onboarding, talent management and learning management solutions to cater to talent development requirements.
- Talent Acquisition: Helps create a streamlined hiring cycle, hire the right talent, engage fresh recruits and drive productivity from day one.
- Learning Management:
- Helps provide a customized, personalized and engaging learning experience tailored to the skill and competency of individuals rather than the whole team.
- Ease of access on all devices, along with an offline mode, ensures seamless and consistent access to content and courses.
- Talent Management: Personalized and intuitive tools help employees pursue career growth and development. Capabilities include performance management, 360-degree feedback, succession planning and compensation management.
- Performance Management: Provides comprehensive feedback and tools that make feedback actionable, constructive and insightful. Measures workforce productivity, progress and priorities in real time.
- Succession Planning: Enables talent managers to identify and assess skill gaps, build agile talent pools, and align employee success with business goals and objectives.
- Compensation Management: Simplifies and streamline compensation plans, and helps build competitive packages to attract and retain top recruits. Workflow automation and compensation management tools aid compliance with complex global policies.
- Workforce Management: Bundled payroll, benefits and expense management minimize time, cost and efforts while maximizing accuracy. Features include automated scheduling, time and attendance, absence management, and compliance.
- Applicant Tracking System: Includes real-time alerts and notifications for offer approvals, a unique dashboard and reports widgets, customizable requisitions, and a consolidated requisition workspace.
- Mobility: Provides access to tools and reporting capabilities at all times and from any location. The dashboard can be operated using a tablet, desktop, mobile app or a phone browser.
- Growth Edition: Caters to the needs of fast-growing small and medium-sized businesses. Includes webinars, instructor-led training, approvals, and additional learning resources that users can access and configure anytime.
- Extended Enterprise: Helps build a brand image, accelerate growth and drive new sources of potential revenue. Facilitates an enriched and optimized learning experience for distributors, partners and customers.
- Gamified and Collaborative Learning: Helps:
- Assess and accelerate learning with gamification capabilities that include leaderboards, points, levels and badges.
- Enhance employee engagement by identifying and rewarding the right learning behaviors.
- Enrich the knowledge of new hires with collaborative learning, up-to-date content, feedback and social ratings.
- Lacks a user-friendly admin system.
- Slow and cumbersome reports extraction.
- Additional IT assistance is needed for setting up integration among the modules.
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on the aggregate of reviews from the sources above, the following pros and cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
With a robust set of solutions, SumTotal provides a wide range of HRMS capabilities for talent development, workforce management and payroll. As stated by reviews, its cons include unresponsive customer service and non-intuitive functions. Other areas of concern are outdated learning content and slow reporting. However, employee self-service, performance tracking and extensive functionality are some noteworthy pros. Depending on company requirements, this solution may be a good fit for organizations seeking extensive talent and workforce features.
Based on 28 reviews: