What is Sage Payroll?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Sage Payroll is an HR system used by businesses of all sizes across all industries to process pay in-house. It streamlines tasks such as tallying hours worked, calculating tax and managing data.
Its single platform approach lets users streamline their pay processes and ensure employees receive accurate paychecks at the end of each pay period. If you integrate with a full suite, users can automate a variety of tasks in relation to processing pay, including tasks like time and attendance tracking, benefits management and recruitment.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Sage Payroll?
Key differentiators & advantages of Sage Payroll
- Tax Assistance: Electronically generate and complete tax forms such as I-9s and file them automatically. In addition to guiding users through these forms, the web-based system is able to check forms against current regulations to ensure compliance.
- Ensure Compliance: Regular updates allow the system to guarantee compliance with all local, state and federal tax, payroll and reporting regulations. This provides businesses with the peace of mind that they won’t be penalized for inaccurate tax calculations or failure to submit accurate reports when necessary.
- Automated Labor Data: Sage Payroll intuitively tracks information about employee worked hours and rates of pay to make it easy to generate reports and minimize instances of overtime or improper pay.
- Automated Deductions: Save time and energy by allowing the system to automatically calculate employee deductions. It does so by accounting for factors like benefits plans or wage garnishments.
Sage serves small, medium and enterprise businesses in all industries. Recognized for its quality, reliability and distinctiveness, Sage was awarded Business Superbrand status in 2019 and is a recognized leader among payroll vendors.
- Tax Filing: Deposit, file and pay all payroll taxes directly through Sage Payroll. For additional peace of mind, Sage pledges to pay all fines and penalties for any errors the system is responsible for.
- Benefits Management: Administer and manage benefits including flexible spending accounts and retirement plans such as 401k and simple IRAs.
- Time and Attendance Management: The timeclock interface allows employees to clock-in and clock-out directly through the system. Timeclock information can then be used to calculate employee hours for payroll processing.
- Employee Self-Service: By logging into the system, employees are able to view important documents like pay stubs and year end tax documents (including W-2s).
- Integration: Sage Payroll is compatible with a variety of third-party vendors. For users with additional payroll needs, the system also offers a variety of add-on products including HR compliance, recruiting and data management.
LimitationsSage Payroll, though an excellent solution for many businesses, is not without its flaws. In order to get the best use of the system managers will need prior knowledge of accounting. Additionally, the system lacks some processing abilities. Some of the specific product limitations include::
- Does not support multi-country payroll processing
- The system struggles to process large queries and complicated reports
- The implementation cycle is lengthy
- Users require prior accounting knowledge to use the system at its highest level
- Updating rates, salaries and deductions can be tedious
Sage Payroll Suite SupportSupport packages are included in the subscription plan. Users with the Payroll Essentials subscription have access to online chat resources, phone support and the vendor’s knowledge base. Payroll Full Service subscribers have access to those three resources and are also assigned a dedicated payroll expert with the American Payroll Association for support. Additional information about how to contact support is listed below.
mail_outlineEmail: All subscribers have access to webchat support. Users can also contact other users, partners and industry experts through Sage’s community portal.
phonePhone: Users can contact support by calling 866-996-7243. Payroll Full Service subscribers can log into their account to find information on how to contact their support expert directly.
schoolTraining: Sage offers a variety of training options on their website. Users can test their knowledge to see what type of training will benefit them, then select training courses based on roles and subjects before signing up to attend the virtual trainings.
local_offerTickets: Users cannot submit tickets for support.
Cost of Ownership for Sage Payroll
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||