What is Paylocity?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Paylocity is an all-in-one cloud payroll solution that enables organizations of every size to execute administrative tasks such as talent acquisition, time and labor management, and other core processes. Its functionality includes multiple configuration options that allow companies to customize according to their needs.
It contains robust security measures such as encryption, real-time backups and secure data centers. It also has a user-friendly mobile app that is compatible with both iOS and Android devices.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Paylocity?
Key differentiators & advantages of Paylocity
- Streamlined Talent Acquisition: The software is equipped with capabilities that make the recruiting process more manageable. Users can automate tasks, create custom workflows for hiring, post jobs internally, configure applications and post jobs.
- Simplified Onboarding: The portal centralizes information to create a simplified process for new hires. It can be configured to gather necessary employee details such as contact info, withholding forms and an employee handbook with e-signature functionality.
- Competent Employees: The platform facilitates easy-to-understand training that equips employees with critical skills, regardless of the initial skill set or position. The built-in LMS suite offers multiple methods and formats that fit the user’s preferred learning style.
- Compliance Peace of Mind: The software can train users on compliance topics and assess them on a regular basis. It also aggregates news and industry trends into a feed to keep users updated on compliance laws.
- Automatic Notifications: Users can easily stay informed with push notifications that automatically send updates about new hires, changes, time off approvals and terminations.
- Employee Engagement: The platform offers engagement tools that promote community interactions, gather feedback and support peer recognition. This boosts engagement within teams and across departments, as well as improves productivity.
- Administrative Add-Ons: Services like FSAs, HSAs, TMAs and COBRA supplement standard plans with complementary programs, giving employees a wide choice of benefits to meet their specific needs.
Paylocity fits all sizes of organizations differently and can be customized as per the organization’s requirements. It takes care of the administrative needs of a number of industries such as legal, consumer goods and products, industrial, automotive, material handling, biomedical, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing, retail and nonprofit organizations.
- Payroll: Companies can simplify multiple financial tasks related to payroll with this feature. It automates payroll processes and takes care of tax compliance, expense reimbursements into paychecks, garnishment services and custom reports that derive whatever data that’s needed. It provides employees with the flexibility to access a portion of their earned wages when needed.
- Workforce Management: This feature helps eliminate the need for manual tracking of tasks, reduces administrative work and maintains accurate records of individual employees. The review forms can be customized to promote employees to set goals via an insight chart.
- Employee Self-Service: The software provides users with admin analytics, 24/7 secure access, enrollment and insurance access, and internal plans. This feature helps employees and employers to access, update, enroll and administer data respectively.
- Time and Labor Management: Workers can clock in and out via the mobile app, and managers can set geofencing rules that ensure accurate clock-punching. It also syncs with payroll automatically and allows managers to create and adjust schedules as needed, without manually correcting payroll data.
- Data Insights: The platform allows users to access demographic information, utilization, headcount, labor costs, position insights, turnover and retention. It also features real-time employee data, analytics for employment trends, strategic hiring and budgeting decisions, and programs to build a diverse workforce.
- Reports: The system comes with over 100 standard reports along with an ad hoc reporting tool. Users can schedule reports to automatically generate and track key reports with a favorites feature.
- Compensation Management: With this feature, administrators can configure settings such as the approval process and eligibility requirements. It also supports the customization of compensation plans to match organizational pay cycles. Company leaders gain a view into budgets and allocations, while managers can provide increases and view employee data like performance and pay history.
- Marketplace Integrations: Organizations can extend Paylocity’s capabilities to streamline the payroll regularity and HR data management across all policies. The solution connects with partner solutions in 20 categories, including single sign-on (SSO), ERP and a variety of HR-related functions. More than 300 integrations are available in the vendor marketplace. Data can flow into or out of Paylocity, or in both directions, depending on the integration.
These are the product limitations at the time of this writing, based on user reviews:
- It lacks user-friendly functionality.
- The reporting system doesn’t have the option for flexible customization.
- The timecard adjustments can be glitchy.
Paylocity Suite Support
Employees linked with Paylocity have a different section for support where they can access the most frequently asked questions. For administrative needs, support is available from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST.
For additional aid, Paylocity provides outsourcing options with its HR Edge solution. Companies can gain access to consulting, guidance, handbooks, a resource library and more. Tax filing services for the U.S., Guam, the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico are available as well.
mail_outlineEmail: Users can seek support by sending emails to email@example.com for assistance.
phonePhone: The support team can be reached via phone at 888.873.8205.
schoolTraining: Paylocity offers training resources such as webinars, online training and articles. They also have a dedicated resource library on the website that users can refer to. In addition to online training, Paylocity hosts an annual conference where users can attend product-related sessions.
local_offerTickets: No ticket support has been listed.
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 1785 reviews: