What is Paycom?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Paycom
- Automate Key Processes: Managers can streamline and optimize their workflows by automating processes such as applicant tracking and payroll processing.
- Boost Employee Engagement: Learning and development tools help managers to develop employees and encourage them to seek out opportunities for self-development. It prepares employees for new responsibilities or to step into new roles.
- Compliance: Built-in reporting enables the system to check for compliance with regulatory and legislative guidelines, including the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Security: Rest easy knowing data is less likely to be compromised due to the high level of security protections. Leverages 256-bit encryption and boasts multiple offsite locations where backups are housed and monitored at all times.
- Unified Platform: Access a variety of functionalities through the platform interface and complete multiple core HR tasks without ever leaving the system.
- Applicant Tracking System (ATS): Build customizable databases to view relevant applicant information and track candidates as they move through the application process. Managers can search and sort applicants by information such as degree, specific skill sets, work history and more.
- Compensation Management: Define budgets, award bonuses and integrate with payroll to ensure that all employees receive fair compensation without overspending.
- Job Posting: Allows managers to post open positions to thousands of job boards. Managers can also rely on recruitment data to build reports to determine if their recruiting efforts are working.
- Payroll: Calculate taxes, process payroll, account for employee expenses and more, directly through the platform. Automate payroll processing, ensuring that employees are always paid the accurate amount at the correct time.
- Performance Management: Schedule and facilitate employee performance appraisals directly through the platform.
- Reporting: Leverage Paycom’s built-in analytics to generate reports on a variety of processes, including payroll, time and attendance, compensation and more.
- Scheduling: Create and edit employee schedules and approve requests for time off through the system’s calendar. Automate time tracking and integrate with payroll to streamline pay processing.
- Confusing to add or remove employees from certain groups for employee scheduling.
- Can’t remove redundant modules or links within the website and mobile app.
- Cumbersome and lengthy login process.
- Difficult transition between client and employee access.
- Challenging navigation for report generation.
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on the aggregate of reviews from the sources above, the following pros and cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
Paycom provides solutions for talent acquisition, time and labor management, payroll, talent management and HR management to companies of all sizes in every industry. A steep learning curve, limited integration capabilities and cumbersome login process are some drawbacks of the software according to reviewers. However, users said that it provides great customization, an effective mobile app that adds convenience, responsive customer service, performance reviews and a user-friendly layout. Overall, it’s a good software to consider for those looking for a payroll solution along with HR capabilities.
Based on 1411 reviews: