What is OnPay?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of OnPay
- Automation: Automates calculation for state and federal payroll taxes and withholdings. Can also file tax forms and make tax payments.
- Accuracy: Guarantees tax filing accuracy and pledges to cover any fees that result from an error in tax calculation or filing.
- Saves Time: Eliminate the need for time-consuming tasks like data entry by integrating with other software and offering employee self-service functions.
- Ease of Operations: Offers health and dental benefits in all 50 states, access to major providers, integration of 401(k) retirement plans, quick employee census and the option to keep existing plans. Additionally provides life, vision, disability and more.
- Payroll: Automate payroll processing, schedule unlimited pay runs, customize pay runs to match business functions, make corrections and cancel pay runs when necessary.
- Employee Management: Provides self-service to employees. They can go through self-onboarding, enter personal details, make changes, and access pay stubs and tax forms.
- Multiple Pay Rates: Supports direct deposit, check and debit card payments. Allows payment to different types of employees, including salaried employees, hourly workers and contractors.
- Tax Filing: Processes tax filings, including special tax filings for clergy and nonprofits. OnPay assists users with taxes by calculating, paying and filing tax forms automatically.
- Integrations: Connects with a variety of other systems that enable the system to complete tasks such as time tracking, benefits management, accounting and other core HR functions.
- Org Charts: Offers detailed employee profiles and contact info, along with a company directory and a visual org chart. Automatically updates details based on changes, organizes employees by location, department or teams.
- PTO Management: Provides custom paid time off policies, up to three accrual tiers, automated accrual tracking, a PTO calendar, and reminders and email notification. In-app requests and approvals are also available.
- Integrated Workers’ Comp: Aids in administration and includes pay-as-you-go policies and low up-front costs. Automatically updates during team changes and offers support from experienced brokers.
- COVID-19 Compliance: Tracks FFCRA sick or medical leaves, automated FFCRA tax credits, and PPP expenses and forgiveness.
- Additional HR Tools: Includes onboarding workflows, e-signing, in-app offer letters, new hire reporting and custom personnel checklists. Also offers:
- Online I-9 and W-4 forms.
- Delegation and tracking of non-HR requests (like IT).
- Built-in document templates, document storage and personnel files.
- Direct messaging, compliance audits and an HR resource library.
- Mobile apps aren't adept.
- Limited automation of features.
- Payroll system sometimes needs manual entries.
Cost of Ownership
|License/Subscription Cost||OnPay’s pricing is a subscription-based model that is based on the number of active employees. The subscription includes payroll features, employee management, benefits, integrations and unlimited pay runs.|
|Maintenance Cost||Maintenance costs are included in the subscription cost.|
|Installation/Implementation Cost||This cost is included in the subscription cost.|
|Customization Cost||Limited customization options are offered and the cost of customization varies depending on the functional requirements.|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||The pricing is dependent on the current software, amount of data to be migrated and the complexity of the data fields.|
|Training Cost||OnPay provides free tutorials on employee maintenance, payroll settings and system integrations.|
|Recurring/Renewal Costs||This cost is equivalent to the recurring subscription fee.|
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
OnPay is a payroll and HR management software ideal for small businesses. It offers various robust features such as workflow management, automated payroll updates, taxations and billings. It’s also easy to use and good for small budgets. The one notable drawback users cited was the mobile app’s functionality and speed. Overall, small businesses looking for an economic payroll solution with plenty of functionality should consider OnPay.
Based on 371 reviews: