What is OnPay?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
OnPay is designed to address core payroll needs for small businesses and handles basic HR functions as well. The system integrates with a variety of other HR systems to enhance processes such as time tracking, accounting, benefits and compliance software integrations.
The system only requires a few minutes to set up and features an easy-to-use interface. The solution also offers assistance with data migration for new users, making the transition from older or existing systems simpler.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use OnPay?
Key differentiators & advantages of OnPay
- Automation: This system can automatically calculate both state and federal payroll taxes and withholdings. The system can also file tax forms and make tax payments.
- Accuracy: OnPay guarantees tax filing accuracy and pledges to cover any fees that result from errors in tax calculation or filing.
- Saves Time: By integrating with other software and offering employee self-service functions, OnPay saves businesses time by eliminating the need for time-consuming tasks such as data entry.
OnPay serves small businesses across all 50 states. The system processes more than $2 billion in payroll annually.
- Payroll: The solution is able to automate payroll processing, and allows users to schedule unlimited pay runs, make corrections and cancel pay runs when necessary.
- Employee Management: OnPay provides employee self-service, allowing employees to enter personal details, make changes and access pay stubs and tax forms.
- Multiple Pay Rates: OnPay supports direct deposit, check and debit card payments. The system also allows users to pay different types of employees, including salaried employees, hourly workers and contractors.
- Tax Filing: The solution can process tax filings, including special tax filings for clergy and nonprofits. OnPay assists users with taxes by calculating, paying and filing tax forms automatically.
- Customizable Pay: Businesses can schedule pay runs to match their business functions, make corrections and cancel pay runs if necessary.
- Integrations: The vendor offers integrations with a variety of other systems. These integrations enable the system to complete tasks such as time tracking, benefits management and other core HR functions.
- Employee Self-Service: Employees are able to self-onboard and update their personal information. They are also able to access paystubs and W-2 forms online even after they are no longer with the business.
Some of the product limitations include:
- Does not support attendance management
- The solution does not provide multi-country payroll processing
- Lacks compensation management functionality
- Does not offer a smartphone app
- Direct deposit functionality is not available to all employers
OnPay Suite SupportOnPay offers users a variety of support resources. The vendor gives users access to trained support staff as well as provides users with a variety of self-learning tools. Specific information about the support available to users is listed below.
mail_outlineEmail: Clients can receive support through an online chat, which can be accessed directly through OnPay’s website.
phonePhone: Phone support is available to all users and can be accessed from 9 a.m/ to 8 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday.
schoolTraining: OnPay’s Knowledge Center provides users with detailed articles on a variety of topics, including how to begin services, specific tax information for each state and more.
local_offerTickets: Support requests can be submitted directly through OnPay’s Knowledge Center.
Cost of Ownership for OnPay
|License/Subscription Cost||OnPay’s pricing is a subscription-based model that is based on the number of active employees. The subscription includes payroll features, employee management, benefits, integrations and unlimited pay runs.|
|Maintenance Cost||Maintenance costs are included in the subscription cost.|
|Installation/Implementation Cost||This cost is included in the subscription cost.|
|Customization Cost||Limited customization options are offered and the cost of customization varies depending on the functional requirements.|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||The pricing is dependent on the current software, amount of data to be migrated and the complexity of the data fields.|
|Training Cost||OnPay provides free tutorials on employee maintenance, payroll settings and system integrations.|
|Recurring/Renewal Costs||This cost is equivalent to the recurring subscription fee.|