What is Lessonly?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Lessonly
- Simulate Real-World Scenarios: Lessonly helps learners master skills by providing tools that help them practice situations similar to their daily activities. For example, users can pitch on video, give a presentation, practice chat conversations and ticket support, and more. For each lesson, you can provide feedback via a star-rating system and comments.
- Uncover Insights: The system lets you view a range of metrics related to training. Visual charts and graphs make information easy to digest. You can track things like satisfaction and engagement rates, course assignment and completion totals, quiz results, popular searches, event attendance, active users, overdue modules, and more.
- Add More Capabilities: Lessonly integrates with several popular applications to extend the system’s functionality to tools for HR, collaboration, sales, customer service and more. Supported integrations include Slack, Chrome, Zendesk, BambooHR, Zenefits, Namely and Salesforce.
- Manage Roles and Groups: Permission settings allow you to define the role each user falls under: learner, manager, creator or admin. This determines their access within the platform. When creating new users, you can also assign them to custom groups. By grouping users according to teams, you can ensure they all receive the right training.
- Support In-Person Training: The events feature is a means for conducting live, offline or instructor-led training. You can invite learners by giving them the link directly, sending an email, or publishing the event on the event dashboard.
- Create Unlimited Lessons: There’s no limit to the number of courses, learning paths and lessons you can build. Such flexibility lets you customize your training to the extent your organization needs.
- Organize Content: A tagging feature lets you organize each lesson and makes searching for specific information easy. It also allows you to group content together based on which team it’s for or the purpose it serves.
- Access Lessonly on Mobile: The Lessonly platform is mobile-friendly so users can access it from phones and other devices besides a desktop or laptop. This gives them freedom to log in to the site anywhere with an internet connection.
- Lesson Builder: A visual drag-and-drop interface enables you to build lessons. You can add elements like images, videos, text, test questions and more. The system also supports SCORM files, including xAPI, AICC and cmi5.
- Learning Paths: This feature lets you build different learning paths to fit the needs of your company and ensures every learner receives relevant lessons. For example, you could create a learning path for sales reps with courses that pertain to their role.
- Content Hub: Lessonly University contains templates and best practices you can use. It also acts as a repository for pre-built courses, which your organization has full access to. Let Lessonly know which content you’d like to use and the support team will copy it to your platform.
- Single Sign-On (SSO): This capability allows users to log in to Lessonly with their credentials from another application. The platform integrates with Google Suite, SAML 2.0 and Azure Active Directory to provide this option.
- Admin Tools: Lessonly has several admin tools that make it easier to perform common tasks. Bulk uploads let you add a large number of employees at once, and PDF exporting lets you download files for offline use. The program also has webhooks for automatically sending information like reports to another database.
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
Lessonly is an LMS that works particularly well for corporate training. Reviewers liked how easy it was to use and adopt. Many used it to spread information to their employees and partners. They felt it was especially great at spreading new product information and helped train sales staff and customer service teams. Course and lesson creation were said to be extremely easy with this solution and users like the testing facilities in over half of the comments that mentioned it.
On the other side, users weren’t happy with the customization and formatting options. They said that they weren’t able to find the options in text, colors and other design elements they wanted. It was also hard to adapt to all devices and change the more general look and feel of the platform. This solution is suited for small and medium businesses looking to train employees, especially in the sales and customer service departments.
Based on 295 reviews: