What is Dayforce?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Dayforce
- Single Employee Record: All employee information is stored in a single location. Users receive a complete employee picture, including compensation levels, performance metrics and more.
- Unified Payroll and Time: Dayforce brings together time and pay to eliminate common payroll processing roadblocks. Continuous calculation allows administrators to access data at any time during the pay period. This leaves more time for verification, review and audit tasks, while also providing real-time updates.
- TeamRelate: This feature facilitates stronger team engagement and better communication. Managers can track employee engagement on a daily basis, provide personalized coaching, and understand employee communication styles and motivators with the TeamRelate survey.
- Full Compliance: The software uses real-time information to keep your company compliant with all legislative rules at all times. You can configure what the system monitors based on your organization’s needs.
- Mobile Access: Employees and managers don’t need to be at the office to view and update information. Using the mobile app, users can access data from anywhere, at any time.
- Organizational Chart: The system offers an interactive chart that lets you build and arrange employees based on your company’s structure and hierarchy.
- Clock Solutions: Tablets replace punch clocks and have a range of options that accurately capture time and attendance information. Employees can also record time using the mobile app.
- Workforce Insights: This tool lets you monitor critical indicators across your organization. You can track turnover based on factors such as location and age to help keep tabs on the trends that will impact your company.
Dayforce has been implemented by organizations in over 50 countries. The program currently serves 140,000 customers across a range of industries such as technology manufacturing, nonprofit, professional sports, travel and hospitality, retail, education, and construction.
- Core HR: Dayforce’s toolkit covers all core HR needs. Document management, standard and customized dashboards, employee self-service (ESS) and reporting are among the capabilities.
- Payroll: This feature handles a variety of payroll tasks, such as tax management, employee verification and data entry for unique situations like retroactive payments. Dashboards provide insights and reporting tools enable payroll reconciliation. The tool also supports global payroll.
- Benefits: Employees can enroll for coverage on their own, speeding up the process. Admins have access to enrollment totals, a library of qualification rules, on-demand calculations, COBRA management and other tools. The solution integrates with hundreds of carriers and also has features that ensure ACA compliance.
- Talent Management: From recruiting to learning to succession planning, the software provides tools to manage every phase of an employee’s journey with your company. This tool allows you to onboard employees more quickly and without paperwork, track performance in a holistic view, plan budgets effectively and more.
- Workforce Management: Specific functionality includes leave and task management, scheduling, labor planning and time and attendance. The software can alert managers to overspending, helping your company reduce labor costs. It also streamlines processes surrounding scheduling, reviewing and pay approval.
- Doesn’t include robust reporting capabilities, though a new business intelligence tool has been introduced to fill the gaps
- Dayforce is a cloud-based solution and doesn’t offer on-premise installation
- No support for training management
- Doesn’t offer functionalities such as automatic reminders, custom fields, data filtering, email notifications, multi-currency or signature capture
- Navigation between modules is cumbersome
Dayforce Suite Support
Cost of Ownership for Dayforce
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on the aggregate of reviews from the sources above, the following pros and cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
Dayforce HCM provides an integrated suite to deliver core human resources, payroll, benefits, talent management, customer experience and workforce management. Users noted instances of slow load times, along with a time-consuming process for logging lunch breaks and challenges with time edits, particularly when using the mobile app. However, the user-friendly interface offers multiple capabilities, has an organized layout and makes information easily accessible. Despite its limitations, it can be a good choice for organizations, particularly those seeking a comprehensive HR solution.
Based on 2103 reviews: