What is BambooHR?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
BambooHR is a cloud-based platform that enables small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR activities and processes while improving productivity and strategy. A suite of applications offers a variety of tools covering people and data analytics, workplace culture and more.
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of BambooHR
- Simplify Time Off: Save hours with automated time off requests and approvals. The system supports creating custom categories, including sick days, bereavement and jury duty. Accrual policies allow users to track available and used time off, and reports provide insight into team, department or company-wide trends.
- Centralize Employee Information: Store employee information from all locations in a single, secure database. This allows users to access, control, sort, analyze and take action on the data instantly from the office, on the go or at home.
- Control User Access: Create custom user groups with different levels of access, allowing every employee to access the information they need — and nothing more.
- Generate Reports: Simplify and streamline the process of generating HR reports. Users can export data into standard or custom reports in a few clicks. Each report automatically saves to the report library for easy record-keeping.
- Receive Alerts: Prevent important details from slipping through the cracks. Set alerts for events like training deadlines, license renewals, birthdays or benefit dates.
- Work Globally: The system’s global settings support all popular currencies, so payroll is easy to track in pesos, yens, euros and more. Six language options are currently available, letting more users see the software in their native language.
- Configure the System: If using the Advantage package, users can control settings for several features from email alerts to access levels to workflows. This ensures your organization can shape the software around its business needs.
- Get Implementation Assistance (optional): A BambooHR expert works directly with companies to conduct an implementation. The specialist guides you through the process of importing all employee data and configuring the software (including customized options), as well as supporting rollout tasks such as setting up employee access.
BambooHR serves more than 10,000 customers in over 100 countries. Their client base crosses a range of industries, such as software, healthcare, financial services, education, construction and nonprofits. Notable customers include Wistia, Grammarly and the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- HR Management: Organizations can cover core HR needs with this solution. In addition to data storage, track benefits, store documents, use workflows for common tasks and more. The Advantage package offers advanced or customizable options for several components.
- Employee Lifecycle Management: BambooHR simplifies the process of managing several key elements of the employee lifecycle. The software does this through an applicant tracking system (ATS), onboarding and offboarding features, e-Signature capabilities, and a tool for tracking each employee’s progress through their training.
- Employee Self-Service (ESS): With this feature, you can control common situations such as approving time off and providing employees with single sign-on (SSO). You can also build an organization chart and employee directory, and the module also offers a company calendar.
- Integrations: BambooHR has developed an open API to facilitate easy integration with a variety of applications. And the marketplace lets users find apps from BambooHR partners.
- Time Tracking: The time tracking module, offered as an add-on, encompasses a range of HR tasks. Employees can quickly enter their hours while HR managers can generate payroll reports, set reminders for pay periods, track employees hours via timesheets, easily review and approve timesheets, and calculate overtime.
- Performance Management: As an add-on feature, the performance management module provides tools that support improved employee performance. Users can set and monitor goals, build employee and company performance reports, take evaluations, and gain feedback from peers on strengths and weaknesses.
- Doesn’t support benefits and payroll administration
- Lacks eTDS integration and compliance management
- Users cannot e-file I-9 through the software
- Doesn’t provide complete 360 review feedback and appraisal management
- Doesn’t enable administration of employee base salaries and hourly pay, bonus and/or overtime programs, arrears calculation, or advance payments
- Limited analytical and reporting capabilities
- Users can post job requisitions. However, it doesn’t allow the posting of the company’s email or information on different job boards, making it difficult for the potential candidate to view any company information
- Lacks career planning for employee growth and development
- Not compatible with swipe cards that are used for automatically recording attendance
BambooHR Suite Support
Cost of Ownership for BambooHR
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost|
Based on 1724 reviews:
Top Competitors & Alternatives
Relevant articles for BambooHR
Pricing for Payroll Software
The following reviews for BambooHR are taken from the SelectHub ReviewFeed which collects and aggregates reviews from across a variety of online review platforms.