What is Ascentis?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Ascentis offers human capital management services to companies of all industries via its cloud-based suite. Its five modules include time and attendance, payroll, HR and benefits, talent, and recruiting. Users can choose to pick individual functionalities or the entire package of services, depending upon their needs.
It facilitates process automation for several complex business processes and transactions, reduces the probability of errors, offers real-time analytics, eliminates manual work and helps talent managers and organizations cater to their human resources and talent management requirements. It also provides ease-of-use through its mobile app that can be accessed anytime, anywhere on a tablet or smartphone.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Ascentis?
Key differentiators & advantages of Ascentis
- Optimized Team Performance: Talent managers can gather information and feedback for each employee, from all sources. Such information helps uncover talents and top-performing employees as well as facilitates planning that results in optimized team performance.
- Quality Applicants: Ascentis enables organizations seeking new employees to showcase their employer brand to encourage the maximum number of quality applicants.
- Efficient Employee Onboarding: Users can eliminate all duplicate entries of data and leverage the cost savings benefits of switching to an online application process instead of an offline process. This helps cut costs, makes onboarding more efficient and reliable, and provides complete access to data 24/7.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ascentis enables organizations to stay compliant with all essential employment regulations such as FMLA, FLSA, and other local and state laws that require consistency and vigilance.
- Real-Time Payroll Processing: The software ensures accuracy and efficiency for payroll processing and audits. Employers and talent managers can run payroll processing anytime, from any place, as many times as required.
- No Tax-Related Penalties: The platform removes the stress of incurring accidental late filing penalties by ensuring timely payroll deposits and filing.
- Complete Customization: HR professionals have complete freedom to customize the system in ways that best suit their company’s unique needs.
- Automated Benefits Administration: Using the HRIS module, employers save time and reduce manual effort by automating benefits management, administration and employee enrollment processes.
- Data-Driven Decisions: The ability to compare metric goals with data insights help users make data-driven decisions that lead to improved overall performance. Users can leverage more than 300 templates for standard reports or make customized reports tailor-made to suit organizational requirements.
- Real-Time Self Learning: Companies can cultivate and encourage self-learning and training in employees through training resources that are available in real time.
- Enhanced Employee Experience: The mobile app lets employees access upcoming schedules, select open shifts, view and request leaves, check paycheck history and statements, punch in and punch out, find co-workers, receive important notifications and alerts, and much more.
- On-the-Go Access for Managers: Managers can stay on top of tasks from anywhere. The user-friendly app lets them manage employee schedules, check notifications for employee requests, and approve or reject leaves and expense reports.
Ascentis has been in business for 35 years and offers enterprise HR management that’s best suited for mid and large-sized companies of all industries. Most clients that use Ascentis are from education management, computer software, higher education institutions, hospital and healthcare organizations, civic and social organizations, government administration, financial services, nonprofit organizations, real estate and construction.
- Time and Attendance: The time and attendance module offers several functions such as leave management, time tracking, employee scheduling, advanced scheduling, a mobile app and compliance.
- Employee Scheduling: Ascentis’s employee scheduling solutions provide employers with management automation for several key aspects like split shift intervals, leave balances, overtime, expenses and total work hours.
- Advanced Scheduling: The advanced scheduling manager module helps schedule workflows and optimize all scheduling processes end to end. It does this by evaluating unique rules and requirements within an organization and then auto-generating schedule recommendations based on that information.
- Payroll Processing: Payroll processing occurs in real time, offering maximized accuracy, compliance, control and flexibility.
- HR and Benefits: This module provides functionalities such as benefits management, HR compliance, HR solution customization, employee self-service, reporting and more.
- Talent Management: The platform’s customizable and user-friendly talent management system has capabilities that include succession planning, compensation planning, performance management, learning management, check-ins, 360-degree assessments and real-time feedback.
- Recruiting: This feature acts as a dynamic career portal, helps with social media outreach, enables efficient onboarding and improves workflow management for HR-related functions.
- Ascentis Mobile Application: Two types of access are available — one for employees and another for managers and supervisors. Based on their role, users can share messages, update and access information, and perform other activities, all through a smartphone or a tablet.
At the time of this review, user feedback indicates the following limitations of Ascentis:
- It doesn’t offer multi-currency or multi-language support.
- Some users have found setting up report formats to be a tedious process.
- The software cannot be installed on-premise.
- It doesn’t support features for employee development, such as succession management and performance management.
- Depending on the number of system changes, manual approving and implementation can take quite some time.
Ascentis Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Employees of companies that have implemented Ascentis can receive assistance by emailing [email protected] Dedicated support options for clients are available by logging in to their account within the application.
phonePhone: Customer support staff can be reached at (800) 229-2713, ext. 8
schoolTraining: The website “Resources” tab contains educational webinar programs, blogs, a content library and information about events that can facilitate user training.
local_offerTickets: No information is available.