What is APS Payroll?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Designed to meet the needs of small and medium-sized businesses, APS Online is a cloud-based workforce management product. It provides features to help users automate and streamline a variety of core HR tasks including processing payroll, tracking time and attendance, hiring the best talent, managing employee benefits, and creating analytic reports based on user data.
Users can access their account from any internet-connected device to conveniently complete tasks. Built with scalability in mind, it is able to grow with businesses. Additionally, each organization has access to a dedicated support team and account lead that can assist with tech support and field general assistance inquiries.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use APS Payroll?
Key differentiators & advantages of APS Payroll
- Multiple Pay Options: APS Online provides users with both direct deposit and pay card options. The vendor also partners with major banks, including US Bank, who offers a pay card that allows employees to use a bank card without an account.
- Training: Users can enroll in recurring and one-time training courses either as individuals or as a group. Managers will then receive notifications when users enroll and complete courses to help ensure that all employees are up to date on all trainings.
- Information Filtering: Managers are able to search through employees using filters to sort by employee name, number, social security number or description.
- Consistent Branding: APS Online’s branded career pages guarantee consistent branding messages. This enables organizations to clearly convey their company values to potential new employees. These pages can be posted on popular job boards including LinkedIn, Indeed and Glassdoor.
- Interactive Employee Performance Management: The system’s performance evaluation feature allows managers to set goals for employees and measure them against specific job-related competencies. Employees can then access their information to complete self-assessments and electronically sign off on their review.
- Easy-to-Use Templates: A variety of pre-built templates and customizable reporting options help managers to build schedules and provide insight into the workforce. Additionally, the PDF builder allows users to create electronic versions of any existing forms for easy record-keeping.
Automatic Payroll Systems Inc. offers a variety of HR solutions to businesses across all industries, including education, healthcare, restaurants and more. Some of the customers who have successfully implemented an APS solution include Columbia Southern University and Central Church.
- Self-Service: Users are broken into two types: system administrators and other users. System administrators are able to log into the portal through mSelfServe (MSS) portal, while all other users are able to log in through the eSelfService (ESS) portal. These two portals provide users with different levels of access and dashboard capabilities dependant on their user designation.
- Benefits Administration: Managers can track and manage all benefits plan types, including medical, dental, life insurance and disability plans. During open enrollment periods, the system can automatically assign deduction amounts to employees via mass update.
- Multiple Carrier Compatibility: APS Online is compatible with all types of benefits providers, and employees are able to ensure coverage under any plan. The system automatically sends relevant paperwork to providers to ensure compliance with organizational requirements to guarantee coverage.
- Integration: APS Online integrates with more than 100 third-party applications to create a more robust suite for businesses with additional needs not met by the system. Noteworthy integrations include Xero and Sage Intacct.
- Schedule Creation: Customizable templates allow users to seamlessly create schedules based on a variety of factors including department, break times, length of time and much more. Managers can add employees directly to the template and save schedules once they’re built to be used again in the future.
- Reporting: The solution includes more than 80 pre-built reports to organize data metrics and provide insights into workforce efficiency. Reports can be built based on factors such as income, employee demographics, custom options or a combination of these factors. System administrators can choose to make these reports public or keep them private.
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Reports: The system’s guided interface helps users create and file 1094-C and 1095-C forms. The system will then automatically check for discrepancies before filing the forms with the IRS.
APS Online Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Users can email their dedicated support team directly. Contact information for this support team can be found by logging into the system.
phonePhone: Users can contact support by calling (888)-277-8514.
schoolTraining: APS develops a unique training plan for each business to support their needs. Users have access to lifetime support and training services and access to a dedicated support accountant. Additionally, APS provides a resource bank with forms, video tutorials, FAQs and year end tips.
local_offerTickets: Users can submit requests for support by logging into their account.
APS Payroll Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 1015 reviews: