What is Verizon Connect?
Industry Specialties: Serves Field Service Industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Verizon Connect
- Unify Customer Data: Existing and new customer data is all brought together under Verizon Connect Work’s interface. Additional customer details can also be added from here.
- Increase Visibility: With fleet tracking software, users can get a high-level overview of their deployed fleets, workers and more. Increased visibility helps users leverage resources with existing assets in the field.
- Gain Control Over Chaos: Connects people to vehicles and equipment. Field service software is built for controlling the multitude of assets that are common in the industry — from human capital to vehicles and tools.
- Maintain Compliance: With the advent of the Electronic Logging Device Mandate (ELD) in 2017, all commercial vehicles need to be compliant. Verizon’s Connect software is compliant with logging devices, and even presents a mobile interface for checking driver logs.
Verizon Connect, formerly known as Fleetmatics Work, serves the field service industry. Major clients for Verizon Connect include Schneider, Capital Crane, 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, Zayo and National HME.
- Mobile/Web-based Capabilities: The solution presents web-based maps which are accessible from anywhere on any device that has an internet connection. Drivers and supervisors can see the same things a back office manager does.
- Easy-to-use Dashboards: Trends and developments are segmented by team, department, or spread across the entire enterprise. These dashboards also let users and decision makers view KPI progress or budgets — all with live updates.
- Fast Reporting: Regular paper forms are quickly converted into electronic, user-completed assets that can be resolved on-the-go. These reports can also be automated, enriching data pools back at the office.
- Fast Routing: Verizon Connect Work software automatically determines the quickest route from point A to point B. On top of simple routing, the solution optimizes routes and orders for the entire day’s work, saving field workers time and money.
- Cost Awareness: Essential to any business that operates in the field service space, knowing fixed and variable costs — and then optimizing the day around them — is something that the product does within seconds.
- Verizon Connect doesn’t support routing functionality. However, it integrates with Google Maps to provide driving directions to the field representatives in the mobile app. All other routing features are supported by Verizon's GPS Fleet Management solution
- The solution offers limited CRM capability, such as managing a customer database, customer appointments and obtaining sign-offs upon job completion
- Doesn’t support operations management functionality
- It doesn’t provide a holistic view of the jobs directly from the calendar functionality to the users
- Doesn’t support billing, invoicing or inventory management capabilities independently. However, Verizon Connect integrates with accounting software such as QuickBooks, SASSU, MYOB Live and XERO
- It’s a cloud-based solution and doesn’t offer on-premise installation
Verizon Connect Suite Support
Cost of Ownership for Verizon Connect
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost|