What is Cayenta Financial?
Cayenta's Financial Management application is a completely integrated suite of software applications designed to help save time and money by supporting the day-to-day tracking of budgets, funds and encumbrances in the local government and utilities environments. Its a modular, position-oriented payroll processing and human resource management application, and is completely controlled by user-defined tables. The system provides solutions that are unique to public sector needs.
Benefits and Insights
Why use Cayenta Financial?
Key differentiators & advantages of Cayenta Financial
- Powerful & Easy to Use Cayenta Financials (CF) incorporates a full suite of powerful, fully integrated modules which handle encumbrance & fund-based accounting effectively & efficiently. Robust reporting capabilities offer opportunities for deeper cost analysis & easier government compliance. Streamlined workflow processes improve productivity & accuracy.
- General Ledger & Budgeting Sophisticated & comprehensive, the General Ledger features fully integrated fund & encumbrance accounting, recurring journal entry templates, abbreviated account number structures for speedy & precise data entry, auto-balancing for user-defined to/from accounts, and the ability to source complex reporting easily and efficiently.
- Purchasing The Purchasing module provides a complete facility to manage the purchasing function - from requisition to receipt of goods - encouraging strong purchasing control in either a centralized or decentralized approach. Supported by full encumbrance accounting, a constant up-to-date view of outstanding commitments is available.
- Job Costing & Work Orders The Job Cost module aggregates costs from various sources, which are confirmed against budgets, to build comprehensive reporting. Costs are reported in project summaries or tracked in detail in the work order system.
- Fixed Assets Cayenta Fixed Assets maintains a comprehensive fixed asset ledger. The application supports both owned and leased assets, and provides a variety of costing and depreciation options.
- Human Resources & Payroll CF Human Resources was designed to effectively manage employee activity from application to retirement. Employee Self-Service facilitates easy benefit administration. Payroll is functionally rich & flexible and is completely parameter driven to allow ease of adaptation to your unique payroll processing needs for earnings, deductions and tracking various elements of employee information.
- Document Management The FileNexus™ solution is seamlessly integrated with Cayenta, featuring bi-directional database communication and screen integration. The Loris FileNexus technology provides mission critical document management for millions of people generating hundreds of billions of dollars in annual revenue worldwide.