What is ServiceMax?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
ServiceMax is an enterprise-grade solution designed for field technicians and back-office managers to help manage essential tasks such as job scheduling, inventory management, onboarding, employee routing and more. It addresses key issues in the field service industry for businesses of any size and scope.
It’s cloud-based, so it is deliverable across several platforms, including cell phones, tablets, desktop computers or embedded devices. It is designed to integrate into new or pre-existing IT infrastructures in medical, education, energy, manufacturing, mining and utilities.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use ServiceMax?
Key differentiators & advantages of ServiceMax
- Replace Pen-and-Paper: Old, inefficient systems for field service management (such as pen-and-paper management) are made obsolete by management products. They can help automate tasks and take a significant load off of back-office managers.
- Built on Salesforce Chatter: This product takes advantage of Salesforce’s robust messaging and communication platforms. Technicians can utilize picture sharing and instant messaging features to communicate with not only each other, but with home-base officials and managers.
- Improve Customer Satisfaction: The software is capable of matching the right tech with the right job based on a number of factors including skill-level, location, schedule, aptitude and more. This way customers receive quick and efficient help.
- Net Return Customers: When customers have their needs met, they often return to a user’s business when future needs arise. Field service software helps users keep in constant communication with their customers.
- Run Anywhere: With a cloud-based delivery system, the app can run anywhere at anytime, even offline. Users can equip their team with a myriad of devices to help them stay focused and connected in the field.
- Tackle Critical Issues: The system provides rapid notifications for mission-critical issues, be it low inventory stock of a technician requiring additional services in the field. By handling critical issues before they arise or as they happen, business processes can be optimized and customer satisfaction can be bolstered
ServiceMax is a recognized leader in the field service industry. Not only do they serve clients in traditional field service roles like maintenance and construction, but they also serve the medical, IT, mining, energy and utilities industries as well. Major customers of ServiceMax include Topcon, Kinetico, Compac, Sony, Tyco, Elekta, Lumenis, Baker and Hughe and more.
- Makes technicians 23% more productive: ServiceMax’s cloud-based delivery helps technicians and field service software increase their productivity by as much as 23%. Colloquially, recent studies show that it can also increase customer satisfaction by as much as 20%.
- IoT Management: The internet of things (IoT) can greatly augment the field service experience, and ServiceMax comes equipped with features to handle real-time data from IoT devices. These tools help managers and technicians to get to them before they reach a point of failure. IoT integrations can also increase service revenue by 25% and improve uptime by 12% in ServiceMax studies.
- Work Order Management: Leveraging a 23% productivity bump, the product’s work order management system is robust and equipped to handle work orders from numerous sources. It offers customer self-service, automated scheduling and a salesforce CRM integration to make receiving orders, scheduling techs and assessing customer data a breeze.
- Real-Time Scheduling and Dispatch: Scheduling and dispatching technicians is a monumental task, but with real-time scheduling, dispatch and optimization users can automate these tedious tasks. The system takes into account a number of different factors, including job location, technician skill level and prior job commitments. It can then automatically dispatch the proper tech and optimize his or her route to save time and wear on their vehicle.
- Mobile Technician Enablement: Field workers will never be out of sync with their back-office managers. The app can run on numerous devices and connect to home-base easily. This gives techs access to schematics, important data points, maps and tutorials.
- Contractor Management: With over 20% of the field service workforce predicted to be contractors by 2020, ServiceMax seamlessly integrates contractors into its payment and scheduling system, enabling a hybrid field service workforce.
- Built-In Analytics: The app measures a user’s bottom line and key performance indicators (KPIs). It capitalizes on metrics like SLA achievement, contract leakage, engineer utilization and many more. These metrics are then displayed in intuitive dashboards and reports.
LimitationsSome of the product limitations include:
- The application provides a full-suite field service management solution, but the UI is very complex
- Dispatch console functionality isn’t user friendly
- Few of the customization and configuration features require manual implementation
- It’s a cloud-based solution and doesn’t offer on-premise installation
- The solution doesn’t allow technicians to fill any forms related to inspections, checklists, safety or regulatory forms
ServiceMax Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Email support is not available at this time. Instead, users should visit the help portal and utilize the resource library.
phonePhone: To gain phone support, US customers should call 1-800-756-4960. Customers in other locations should visit the ServiceMax community kitchen and scroll to the bottom of the page to locate their specific region’s call number.
schoolTraining: ServiceMax has a number of training options, namely its expansive resource library of videos and documentation for its product. In addition to a resource library, the company offers a “field service university” program — two courses that culminate in a certification exam. The exam costs $2,200 per-person.
local_offerTickets: There is a ticketing option for the product, though it is hidden behind a customer login portal.Turnaround time is unknown.
Cost of Ownership for ServiceMax
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||