What is Housecall Pro?
Industry Specialties: Served the field service industry
Housecall Pro is a service industry and fieldwork software product that exists both as a cloud and mobile application.
Aims to help users do away with pen and paper bookkeeping by streamlining essential back-office tasks. It also takes standard field service workflows and integrates them into its mobile and cloud-based applications.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Housecall Pro?
Key differentiators & advantages of Housecall Pro
- A Full-Featured Product: Housecall Pro is a full-featured software system that can help users run all aspects of their field service business. It touts itself as an “all-in-one” product.
- Competitive Cost: The application is offered at a competitively low cost to reduce overhead expenses and software installation fees. Prices start at $19.99 per-month.
- Better Serves Customers: Field service software makes it easy and cost-effective to handle a myriad of field and back-office tasks, boosting customer satisfaction and securing the user’s revenue stream.
- Replaces Cumbersome Back-Office Tasks: With field service software, cumbersome back-office tasks such as billing, scheduling and bookkeeping can be handled in one place, reducing the need for archaic technologies like spreadsheets or pen and paper.
Housecall Pro serves the field service industry primarily and is one of the top products in HVAC, plumbing, carpet cleaning, electrical, home cleaning and more. Among major customers of Housecall Pro are Mauzy, Best Impressions and Detailing, Core Plumbing, Heaven’s Best and Electric Medic.
- Android and iOS: The mobile application has cross-platform compatibility across iPhone and Android devices, meaning techs can be equipped with different devices that suit their needs.
- Low Processing Rates: Users can process payments quickly and efficiently and pay comparatively small processing fees of 2.69%. The average processing fees range from 1.5% to 3.5% in other industries.
- Message Customers: The software comes equipped with a mobile communications system that allows field technicians to send “on my way” messages, pull up customer history, book and pay via text.
- Fast Customer Onboarding: Claiming to save users up to 15 hours per week, Housecall Pro assists in onboarding new customers, managing their accounts, handling payment, scheduling, emailing and even marketing to them.
- Book Directly Online: Customers are able to book appointments online from the user’s website, Facebook page, Google page and more.
- Website Builder: Housecall Pro offers users a free, custom website that is deeply integrated with its software.
- Advanced Payment Features: With advanced features such as instant pay, money management, QuickBooks integrations, billing, expense cards and more, users can streamline their money management.
Some of the product limitations include:
- Housecall Pro doesn’t support operations management functionality, such as planned maintenance, preventive maintenance, reverse logistics, depot repair or warranty and claims
- Doesn’t support inventory management functionality, such as inventory tracking and demand planning
- Limited technician management capabilities related to knowledge management, tracking field worker’s productivity and field parts sourcing
- It doesn't send automatic text reminders to customers regarding the next scheduled appointment
- Doesn’t support setting up recurring appointments on a mobile app
- The app doesn’t support features such as separate terms for estimates and invoices, the ability to label an estimate as a proposal/contract, set customer billing terms and due dates, etc
Support options from Housecall Pro are limited to just the help and resource center, which offers self-guided resources and guides.
mail_outlineEmail: Customers cannot email support at this time.
phonePhone: Users can call 877-944-9010 to receive support via phone. Hours and windows for support are unknown at this time.
schoolTraining: Training is provided via the self-guided resource center, which contains guides and videos on troubleshooting and software setup.
local_offerTickets: Support tickets are not available at this time.
Cost of Ownership
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||
Housecall Pro Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 2521 reviews: