What is SyteLine?
Industry Specialties: Discrete and Process Manufacturing
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of SyteLine
- Planning and Scheduling Visibility: SyteLine allows you to monitor demand in real time. This information can then be used to determine whether or not you have the required materials on-hand to produce an item. You can also look at the effect that an order will have on your tightly maintained production schedule so that you can set customer expectations appropriately. This benefits your company by working to ensure that you don’t overextend your operation and that your customers are satisfied.
- Role-Based System: Information can be segmented by user role so that your employees aren’t bogged down by information that isn’t relevant to them. A single screen view is available for each employee, which contains the information that most directly affects their day-to-day workflows.
- Accessibility: SyteLine is available as a cloud-based solution, meaning that you can access the program from any location as long as you have internet access. This improves the availability of the system for your employees. SyteLine’s cloud-based program is hosted on data centers that are maintained by experts.
- Highly Secure: Security is an essential component of a functional ERP or manufacturing system. SyteLine has defenses against hacking, intrusion and unauthorized access. It also contains disaster recovery systems in the case of an emergency.
- Easy Integration: Infor has a wide range of programs available, which SyteLine can integrate with to add more functionality. It is also a Microsoft-based system, meaning that the talent pool of people who can work with the system is relatively vast. With SyteLine, you can easily add new companies to your organizational structure through the replication of data. You can also separate data from the program when you sell off an associated business.
- Automated Payments: SyteLine contains modules for accounts payable and accounts receivable that can automatically input and calculate payments. Some of the features that are present in these modules include automated bank reconciliation, creation of debit memos, payment processing, credit management and progressive billing. The system also supports multiple currencies.
- Compliance Monitoring: Control testing is automated to ensure that products are developed with compliance guidelines at top of mind. By conducting these checks automatically, the cost of audits is reduced due to the improved ability to meet regulations.
- Tax Management: SyteLine’s tax management module can account for complex tax situations. By integrating your tax data into the system, the comprehensive module can ensure financial compliance throughout various business stages, whether it be invoicing or tax accounting.
- Human Resources Management: At its most basic level, the SyteLine HR module gives employees a self-service portal where they can keep track of elements such as PTO, payroll and contact information. For the HR team, this module provides a customizable dashboard that allows them to visualize information and data related to employees.
- Sales Order Services: The sales order management tool gives users control of the process from the time a quote is generated to the time an order is completed. Specific capabilities include cost estimation, shipping notices, engineering sandbox development and scheduling. The cost of elements such as material and labor are directly used in the creation of estimates and, eventually, sales orders.
- Pricing: SyteLine uses parametric and rule-based calculations to automatically calculate pricing for individual materials. With this tool, you can also link purchases, work orders and customer orders to calculate profit margins.
- Inventory Monitoring: The inventory monitoring tool provides visualization of materials and goods in various stages — raw materials, WIP and finished products. Material costs can also be tracked at the project level.
LimitationsWhen considering a particular ERP vendor, it’s essential to acknowledge a program’s specific weaknesses. SyteLine has pitfalls of its own.
Some of the product limitations include:
- UI can be confusing to use
- CRM and HR modules aren’t included in the base system
- Can take 3-6 months to implement a new version of the program
- The VISUAL module’s customized reporting can be complicated to enable
- Comprehensive warehouse module is not available
SyteLine Suite Support
Cost of Ownership for SyteLine:
|Installation/Implementation Cost||Cost is above and beyond the upfront/subscription cost
|Customization Cost||Cost varies depending on the applications and modules added, such as a general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, purchase orders and requisitions|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||Cost varies depending on which legacy system is used (older, proprietary system vs disparate systems), the amount of business and historical data to be migrated to the new ERP system and the intensity of data migration to the new system
|Recurring/Renewal Costs||The standard license renewal fees for an ERP is 10% to 15% of the software cost
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
Infor SyteLine is reviewed to be easy-to-use, jam-packed with helpful tools and able to conform to your business processes with customization. Alternatively, sometimes the system can be difficult to navigate, customer support can be unreliable and reports are lackluster at times. In short, it’s not the sharpest system, but it certainly gets the job done in terms of business process automation and digitization.
Based on 120 reviews: