What is SAP S/4HANA?
Industry Specialties: Financial Services, Consumer Industries, Energy and Natural Resources, Public Services, Service Industries, Discrete Industries and more.
SAP S/4HANA is an integrated ERP system that runs on SAP HANA, the in-memory database of SAP. Leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning, it’s designed to revolutionize business processes, meet industry-specific requirements and aid in decision-making. It assists in managing assembly processes, manufacturing engineering, quality management, finance, assets, supply chain, sales, procurement and more.
It’s suitable for businesses of all sizes and offers on-premises, cloud or hybrid deployment.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use SAP S/4HANA?
Key differentiators & advantages of SAP S/4HANA
- Optimize Business Processes: With intelligent automation, artificial intelligence (AI) and robot process automation (RPA), SAP S/4 HANA automates several business processes while it optimizes the rest. This mitigates the heavy-lifting so employees can focus on identifying areas for improvement instead of completing monotonous tasks. For example, the system automatically replenishes stocks with demand-driven automation.
- Reinvent Business Model: Industry-specific solutions that incorporate best practices alongside innovative capabilities allow users to reinvent their business models. Generate customized products or offer subscription-based billing to customers to bring the way you do business to the next level.
- Make Data-Driven Decisions: With access to embedded analytics, a conversational interface and digital assistants users can review real-time company data and quickly make informed decisions. Visual reports and the option to chat with a context-aware digital assistant make for an intuitive and user-friendly experience.
- Become Adaptable: SAP S/4 HANA is designed to help users to adapt and respond to their ever-changing industry. Real-time profitability analysis and flexible configuration, pricing and quoting capabilities enable users to quickly identify and manage changes. The situations handling functionality further assists in adaptability by notifying users and proposing solutions whenever a situation arises.
- Accelerate User Adoption: Between openSAP and the SAP Learning Hub, users are provided with plentiful resources for onboarding users and understanding how to use their new ERP system. The always-accessible online platforms provide learning opportunities in various mediums, so users are bound to find something that will mesh with their learning style.
- Increased Efficiencies: With automated business processes, informed decision making and more, employees are armed with the tools for bringing their performance and productivity to the next level. These tools also decrease human error, ultimately saving time, money and improving the business’ bottom line.
- Ease of Use: Built with SAP Fiori, the system is responsive, intuitive and designed to be simplistic. It provides a personalized and role-based user experience that can be accessed from any device.
- Centralize Data: In-memory computing keeps all data in a single, unified system instead of several disjointed databases. This centralization makes it easier to analyze a large volume of data all at once and quickly identify trends.
SAP S/4 HANA offers industry-specific solutions for various verticals, such as automotive, aerospace and defense, banking, building products, chemicals, consumer products and the engineering, construction and operations industries. They also offer solutions for the fashion, high tech, industrial machinery and components, insurance, life sciences, media, metals, mining, professional services, public sector, retail and oil and gas industries. To make this list comprehensive, the rest of the industry-specific solutions are for paper and packaging, telecommunications, travel (airline), travel (cargo), utilities and wholesale distribution industries.
- Asset Management: The SAP S/4 HANA asset module manages a companies’ assets by planning, scheduling and executing maintenance activities. This is accomplished with the following:
- The system enables the completion of planned and unplanned tasks to flexibly manage malfunctions and optimize operations.
- Maintenance planners can monitor time-sensitive work across maintenance activities and spare parts inventory. With access to analytics on costs, damages and breakdown rates, maintenance planners can quickly make important decisions.
- Users can monitor investigations and follow-up activities to reduce illness, injury and incident rates. They can also watch for potential costs, fines, penalties and unplanned downtime associated with environmental health and safety.
- The resource scheduling feature helps optimize maintenance scheduling by tracking work statuses, providing executives an overview of due maintenance orders and building schedules based on scope and workload simulations.
- Sales Management: The sales module provides order and contract management, incentive and commission management as well as support for the sales team. Order and contract management capabilities allow users to manage order-to-cash processes across all touchpoints, channels and functions with access to multi-channel, role-based real-time information. Users can also implement variable-compensation programs via incentive and commission management, check sales pipelines and leads, coordinate and plan customer interactions and activities and analyze customers and territories.
- Financial Management: The SAP S/4 HANA financial management tool aims to improve processes and provide a complete analysis. The following are some system capabilities which support this goal:
- Users can access profit and loss inputs via automatic reporting, predictive analysis and merged company forecasting.
- Users can maintain a single journal to manage financial and accounting data, and have clarity on customer data by managing their credit scores.
- Recurring billing and revenue management capabilities permit subscriber models so users can identify the best commodity and service combination for their customers.
- Mitigate financial risk by automating commodity-based contractual pricing, leveraging market quotes to create contracts, and streamlining invoice processes.
- Supply Chain Management: With the SAP S/4HANA Supply Chain module, users can:
- Take into consideration business rules, material availability, and allocation guidelines to provide more accurate delivery dates to customers. In addition, the solution supports domestic and international freights.
- Manage warehouse activities and processes by optimizing asset use and overall throughput with best practices for picking, packing and shipping.
- Optimize inventory levels and processes by coordinating goods movements across inbound, outbound and physical inventory processes. This helps prevent production interruption, loss, waste and damage.
- Manufacturing Management: The manufacturing module is supported by methods such as lean control, continuous improvement and just-in-time replenishment. SAP S/4 HANA provides the following manufacturing capabilities:
- Production planning, which enables users to create workflows for assembly processes, such as material requirements, production, capacity planning, bills of material, routing, factory layout and machine models. The solution supports complex assembly processes.
- Closed-loop quality management processes, which analyze operations from planning to production, and helps to prevent and manage any issues.
- Engineering documents, bills of materials and design changes documents can be passed between the manufacturing and research and development teams for a seamless manufacturing engineering process.
- Health and Safety Management module, which boosts the visibility of environment, health and safety (EHS) risks through automated global reporting and real-time analytics with the incident management tool. Users may also implement this attribute to research, monitor and follow up on issues.
- SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence’ facility management tool helps users effectively gauge and evaluate current and historical facility performance with conventional data sources that extend equipment availability, performance and quality barometers.
- SAP Manufacturing Execution’s data collection apparatus allows users to record trackability, quality and other appropriate information and monitor commitment to production specifications. It also permits users to establish preset non-conformance triggers for any deviations from production specifications.
- Procurement Management: SAP S/4HANA Procurement module is designed to facilitate a value-driven, scalable and compliant procurement process.
- The system provides insights on purchases by diving into purchase orders and requisitions, invoices, and contracts in addition to studying supplier performance with real-time information.
- SAP S/4 HANA permits users to obtain, distribute and evaluate all sourcing data points within a single platform while simultaneously supporting instant and manual operations for constructing and governing every type of procurement document.
- It also condenses requests throughout the business near and far with a single workflow approval tool.
- Additionally, SAP S/4HANA Procurement facilitates creating commodity agreements in accordance with market quotes by promptly ciphering price calculations and extending ERP functionality across the business.
Some of the product limitations include:
- Has long implementation cycles when compared to other ERP solutions.
- Only some modules contain embedded analytics. In most cases, a separate data warehouse is required.
mail_outlineEmail: There is no support email provided.
phonePhone: For phone support, users may dial 1-800-872-1727.
schoolTraining: OpenSAP is SAP’s online learning platform, which provides users with free learning opportunities through Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), podcasts and microlearning playlists. SAP Learning Hub provides e-learning courses, online classes, expert-led live sessions, and collaborative social learning rooms for an annual subscription fee.
local_offerTickets: You can report an issue at the SAP ONE Launchpad. Users may also fill out the form on the SAP Contact Us page for Ticket Support.