What is SAP ERP?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of SAP ERP
- Centralized Data: SAP ERP takes data from multiple business processes and puts them in a single location, making it easier to share insights and information across an organization. Users can gain new metrics and reduce internal communication errors by desiloing data.
- Automation: Automation is possible through the centralization of processes and information. By connecting various workflows, tasks such as data extraction and customer account management can be streamlined so that employees can spend more time on other business-relevant tasks.
- Program Accessibility: Companies can deploy SAP ERP either on-premise or through the cloud, making it a versatile option. Mobile functionality is also available so that employees can keep track of interactions and relevant information while on the go.
- Globalization: SAP ERP supports operations for companies in hundreds of different countries. It also contains currency conversion functionality, making it a good option for international businesses.
- Visualization: The program enables users to look at operations and relevant data in real time. This allows for actionable insights to be made quicker and for bottlenecks and other hindrances to be swiftly identified.
- Revenue Boost: Many elements of SAP ERP can result in a revenue boost, from the freeing up of employee time for other tasks to the easy visualization of important business processes. The system can track a variety of workflows, including financial management, to analyze costs and ensure that operations are streamlined and running efficiently.
- Procure-to-Pay: SAP ERP gives users a 360-degree view of supplier relationships, risk and performance. It can emphasize areas in which money could be saved while also managing contracts. The program contains automated data extraction to hasten invoice processing and to facilitate payables.
- Plan-to-Product: The solution contains product-related data and can develop product strategies through detailed analysis capabilities. Users can also look at spending against a set budget to avoid overruns. The system reduces work in process by improving the likelihood that production cycles are predictable. Real-time insights are available so that important decisions can be made more quickly as well.
- Order-to-Cash: The order-to-cash functionality enables users to see accurate data on real-time pricing, customers, products and contracts. The program also manages customer accounts receivable through the recording of relevant data, therefore reducing manual input errors and freeing up employee time for other tasks.
- Request-to-Service: The program contains data on assets, systems and equipment located at customer sites. Users can look at past services performed and previous contractual agreements to ensure that quality is consistent and accurate. Profitability information from all parts and activities can be conducted through integration with billing, operations, etc.
- Human Resources: SAP ERP holds all human resources data in one easily accessible location. It helps ensure that HR operations are compliant globally while also managing payroll and giving out benefits quickly and appropriately. Time management is also supported through employee scheduling, time tracking and absence management. The program contains compliance tools to meet regulations in more than 58 countries.
- Financial Management: The solution offers basic accounting features such as accounts receivables and accounts payable, but it works to streamline these essential processes through automation capabilities. It can also analyze profitability and manage costs. Costs can be assigned to different orders, projects, processes or cost centers. The program also adheres to tax laws, manufacturing regulations and accounting laws in more than 40 countries.
SAP ERP Suite Support
SAP ERP Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
While SAP ERP is expensive, involves a lengthy implementation process, lacks a user-friendly interface and requires complex customization, reviewers are overall satisfied with the system. Users explained that it can handle all of their business processes in addition to their data management and storage needs. The robust functionality of SAP ERP provides a great opportunity for business process transformation as well as a healthy ROI once the system is implemented and users have been properly trained.
Based on 1028 reviews: