What is SAP Business One?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
SAP Business One is a comprehensive solution that helps users manage all aspects of their business affordably. It supports inventory, accounting and financials, project management, purchasing, sales, customer service, operations and human resources. It is easy to implement and scales with users’ businesses. It streamlines processes, gives insight and supports better decision making to drive growth and profitability.
It runs on both Microsoft SQL and SAP HANA servers, allowing users to choose whichever suits them. Users can take advantage of functionalities, processes and best practices designed for specific industries with inclusions for small and mid-size organizations. They can align all the aspects of their operations to match the needs of modern customers. They can also predict, plan and streamline demand to deliver the goods shoppers want.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use SAP Business One?
Key differentiators & advantages of SAP Business One
- User-Friendly Interface: Even as users’ business grows, SAP Business One gives them a single view of all the verticals, applications and locations for complete control.
- Integrated and Customizable: It is an integrated solution that captures critical business data. It gives employees actionable insights they can spread across the company.
- Total Control over Finances: It gives users a set of tools to streamline and manage their financial operations. It automates daily accounting tasks like journal entries, maintaining general ledgers and supporting multi-currency transactions and tax calculations.
- Helps Create Customer Loyalty: It provides users with tools to manage and streamline the sales process and customer lifecycle. Its integrated capabilities give a complete view of customers and prospects, letting users increase sales and customer satisfaction.
- Increases Margins: SAP Business One takes a systematic approach to the procurement process, from requesting and receiving vendor quotes to creating purchase requests and processing payments.
- Increased Transparency: It informs users about inventory, item location and inbound and outbound shipments. Users can assign value to inventory using multiple costing standards, track transfers and monitor stock levels, providing increased transparency into stocks and inventory.
- Generate Timely Reports: It has reporting and analytical tools like SAP Crystal Reports, which gathers data from different sources to generate accurate and timely reports. It allows users to choose from multiple report formats.
- Make Better Decisions: Users can access pre-defined dashboards to accelerate decision making. They can also use custom-designed queries and forms to define exchange rates, authorization parameters, import and export functions for data and email.
- Provides Visibility: It captures critical information across all verticals like operations, sales, finance and customers and makes it available across the company. Users can integrate data into one system, eliminating double entries and related errors. It also supports workflow-based alerts that prompt automatic responses.
SAP Business One is designed for small and medium-sized businesses. It is available in 28 languages and has 44 localized versions and provides multi-currency support. It has 800 local partners and has been implemented in 150+ countries with over 60,000 customers across the globe. It is modular, supports 500 add-on solutions and has a network of over 800 partners across the world.
- Financial Management: With a set of tools designed for financial operations, users can reduce errors, improve margins and support profit-oriented decision making.
- Accounting: This feature automates key accounting processes like accounts receivable, journal entries and accounts payable.
- Controlling: Users can control budgets, keep track of fixed assets and cash flow and oversee project costs efficiently and accurately.
- Fixed Asset Management: Users can manage their fixed assets virtually, removing the need for manual data entry.
- Banking and Reconciliation: Users can process payments, reconciliations and bank statements quickly through multiple methods like cash, checks and bank transfers.
- Financial Analysis and Reporting: Users can improve their audit review and planning processes by creating customized and standard reports supported by real-time data.
- Customer and Sales Management: Users can manage the entire customer lifecycle and sales process using this feature, starting from contact through sales, service and support.
- Opportunity Management: SAP Business One tracks lead activities and sales opportunities across the entire sales cycle, from initial contact to sale.
- Marketing Campaign Management: Users can make, manage and examine marketing campaigns to convert prospects into customers to increase sales and profitability.
- Customer Management: It manages and synchronizes customer contacts in Microsoft Outlook by storing critical customer information in a single place.
- Service Management: Users can promptly respond to service calls by creating and managing service agreements and warranty contracts.
- Reporting and Analysis: Users can use pre-designed templates to generate detailed reports on the sales process, from forecasting to tracking the complete pipeline.
- Mobile Sales: Sales teams can manage their data from anywhere at any time using their mobile devices.
- Purchasing and Inventory: Users can control costs and optimize purchasing habits by overseeing the order-to-pay cycle. It manages invoices, receipts, payments and returns.
- Procurement: SAP Business One improves audits by letting users view information trails, match documents and handle multiple currencies. It also streamlines the procurement process by managing purchase orders, returns and goods receipts.
- Data Management: Its interface centralizes the purchasing process by managing data. Users can also see purchase analyses and account balances. It maintains purchasing data, including tax data and price lists.
- Warehouse Management: Users can synchronize inventory levels and goods receipts in real time, letting users plan out their purchases. They can also create accounts payable invoices from goods receipts and purchase orders.
- Accounts Payable: It allows users to reduce costs and improve supply-chain relationships. They can also create and process accounts payable, credit memos, cancellations and invoices.
- Reporting: SAP Business One gives users an overview of their business by generating reports in multiple formats.
- Business Intelligence: Users can create accurate and timely reports with the help of reporting tools and integrated analytics.
- Report Creation: It gives users access to data from various sources and creates new reports in multiple formats with low IT overheads.
- Intuitive Tools: It gives users insights by allowing them to drag and drill down into data. They can also use workflow alerts and search assistance.
- Analytics: Users can improve sales performance and cash balance visibility with performance indicators and analytics.
- Data Visualization: It supports data visualization to enhance users’ reports.
- Analysis and Reporting: Users can help their employees make better decisions by capturing and analyzing critical data and making it available in real time.
- Reports and Dashboards: Users can design interactive and intuitive reports and dashboards that help managers track costs, cash flow and revenues. They can also evaluate performance metrics.
- Real-time Analytics: Users can access and evaluate data faster with analytics. These tools support data searching and the creation of ad hoc and standard reports.
As of this review, these limitations are current:
- Relevant reports must be programmed or written. It does not have pre-defined reports.
- It offers limited options for account charts.
- Journal entries may not match applicable standards in specific countries.
- Implementation is time-consuming, and support can be slow..
- Management reporting does not reflect all critical data.
- It does not contain an HR module.
- Its interface is cluttered.
SAP Business One Suite Support
SAP has a thriving community of experts and users. From the support portal, users can access their launchpad, report an incident, view incidents, download software, manage users, request keys and visit the community. Users can also view cloud availability and product documentation.
mail_outlineEmail: Email options for support are not given on the website.
phonePhone: SAP offers 24/7, toll-free support at 22551727. Users from the United States can contact SAP at +1412 3607869. Other country-specific phone numbers are given on SAP’s website.
schoolTraining: SAP offers training and certifications on their Learning Hub. It delivers training in multiple languages and formats. It offers demos, presentations, quizzes, simulations and case studies.
local_offerTickets: Tickets can be created by filling the contact form on SAP’s website.
SAP Business One Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 414 reviews: