What is Sage X3?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Sage X3
- Streamlined Workflows: Sage X3 gives you control over various phases of your business, from lead acquisition to customer shipment and notification. By centralizing these processes, workflows can be automated, and less time can be spent entering data or manually completing tasks. For example, when a transaction is completed in your system, Sage X3 can generate an invoice based on that data and transmit it to your customer.
- Data Visualization: This program allows you to create your own dashboards based on trigger events. There are over 400 standardized reports contained in the system and filtering of predefined data collections is also available. This allows you to visualize your workflows and collect relevant data quickly.
- Integration Capability: Integration is a key component of this tool. As a Sage offering, it can be easily coupled with other products that Sage offers, such as Sage Pay. You can also integrate external services through APIs to further customize your solution.
- Information Security: Sage X3 is compliant with various security standards such as LDAP, OAuth2 and SAML2. It traces modifications and allows you to set user accessibility at different levels so that your employees can only view information that pertains to their workflows.
- Accessibility: This program is accessible via Android and iOS devices. It contains an HTML5 interface that allows you to personalize the system for your own needs. Because cloud-based software is an option, you can access Sage X3 anytime and anywhere if you opt for that deployment method.
Sage Business Cloud X3 is suitable for companies of all sizes conducting business in a variety of industries. It’s available both on-premise and as a cloud-based solution. Some sectors that might especially benefit from this tool include distribution, process manufacturing, discrete manufacturing, chemicals, professional services and food and beverage. The program contains features such as compliance adherence, warehouse monitoring and transportation logistics that are highly relevant to these industries.
- Budgeting and Accounting: Sage X3 contains essential accounting functions such as accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, budgeting and fixed asset management. The system allows for an unlimited number of currencies to be used and contains exchange rates to help global companies centralize their finances. Tax management is also included in this tool.
- Purchasing: The purchasing tool includes supplier and product management features, purchase requests and supplier invoices among many other components. The tool allows you to monitor the quality of suppliers, manage product serial numbers, take requests for quotation into account and calculate reorder suggestions.
- Inventory Management: The inventory management tool has multi-warehouse, multi-company and multi-site support, meaning you can track and manage inventory across various geographic locations. The program also includes quality control features and can assist in the tracking and preparation of stock movements.
- Sales Management: Sage X3’s sales management tool enables transactions conducted across different sites to be done automatically. It allows for different prices and discounts to be applied along with also controlling sales quotes and shipment preparation. It assists in the creation of invoices and is compliant with EU Exchange of goods declaration.
- BOM Planning: BOM management is a component of the production management tool that allows you to conduct changes for a product and BOM. With this system, you can control the use of a product in different flows, such as sales, manufacturing, subcontracting and stock issues. Mass maintenance and a view of current bills of material are also provided.
- Shop Floor Control: Sage X3’s shop floor control component accounts for direct and indirect labor. You can also track actual and elapsed time spent working on various tasks. Important labor factors such as break time entry and attendance are included to help ensure that time is being used efficiently and appropriately.
- Quality Control: This system supports the management of expiration dates, quality control record creation and serial number management. Stock can also be marked as either accepted, rejected or inspected so items that don’t meet your standards won’t get sent to customers. Re-inspection and sampling management are also included in Sage X3.
LimitationsAs with any software program, Sage Business Cloud X3 has its weaknesses. Be sure to keep these factors in mind when you’re making your software selection.
Some of the product limitations include:
- Navigation is cumbersome when users migrate from the desktop application to the web app
- The HR module doesn’t provide robust features
- Doesn’t offer quick access to stock status check functionality
- Doesn’t support back order entry in sales order forms
Sage Business Cloud X3 Suite SupportSage Business Cloud X3 offers online tools and courses to help its customers learn more about the program. Clients can also receive assistance from a Sage representative via phone or submit cases online through the Sage Customer Portal.
Cost of Ownership for Sage Business Cloud X3:
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||