What is JD Edwards EnterpriseOne?
Industry Specialties: Consumer goods, manufacturing, distribution, asset intensive, project and services industries
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is an integrated suite of applications that leverages automation and Internet of Things (IoT) to streamline business processes and optimize the supply chain. It’s for small, medium and large sized businesses in the consumer goods, manufacturing, distribution, asset intensive, project and services industries.
It provides capabilities related to financial management, supply chain management, customer relationship management, human capital management, manufacturing, reporting and more. It can deploy on the cloud or on-premises.
It collects real-time data and creates visualizations to make insight gathering easier. It has an emphasis on real-time visibility and allows the user to see how products are moving through the supply chain, live. Additionally, forecasting and budgeting capabilities are integrated with the production process to help develop actionable plans.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use JD Edwards EnterpriseOne?
Key differentiators & advantages of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Architecture: This system possesses built-in modules for reporting tools, database systems and other third-party and web server applications. This connectivity makes the integration of business processes faster and easier.
- Adaptability: This product allows users to build sophisticated analytical reports by customizing transactional data into charts, graphs, lists and tables. This can simplify the gathering of useful statistical insights. It also easily adapts to different languages, currencies and technological standards.
- Interoperability: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne helps users leverage existing investments in hardware, databases, and software so that they can be integrated with legacy and third-party products.
- Accessibility: This system is available as either a cloud-based solution or an on-premise installation. This allows customers to select which option will be most accessible for their particular business.
- Visibility: The system provides visibility across the entire organization with its integrated suite of applications. The visibility encourages a centralized approach to operations. For example, this allows clients to check on the status of products or materials as they move from procurement to manufacturing and finally to distribution. This visibility enables customers to more accurately see if there are any snags or bottlenecks in the production system.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is especially beneficial to companies that have a focus on the supply chain. They have deep industry experience in several verticals. The consumer goods industry encompasses food and beverages, agribusiness, attributes and apparel, cosmetics and commodity and training. The manufacturing and distribution industries include industrial manufacturing, chemical manufacturers, life sciences and wholesale distribution. The projects and services industry covers engineering and construction, professional services, commercial real estate and homebuilders. The asset intensive industry comprises oil and gas, mining and aggregates, paper and packaging and public utilities.
- Supply Chain Planning: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne’s supply chain planning modules contain functionality for demand management, order promising and value chain planning.
- Order Management: The order management feature streamlines order processing while also maintaining visibility and control of order tracking throughout the order lifecycle.
- Financial Management: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne contains tools for accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed-asset management and tax management among other features associated with financial management. For example, the fixed asset accounting tool can automatically update asset information and develop budget projections without any custom coding.
- Risk Management: Risk and financial governance is available and can improve the reliability of system financial management. The tool also unifies risk management and GRC requirements across the whole company.
- Human capital Management (HCM): This feature can produce a complete employee roster, assist in decision making and provide insight on managing the workforce. These basic needs are met by accessible real-time data visualizations that assist in productive business processes.
Some of the limitations of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne include lack of support for particular languages, complexity and rule compliance. Here are some of the specific constraints of this software that you might want to take into account before making a software selection.
Some of the product limitations include:
Some of the product limitations include:
- Configuring the system for a specific role-based function is complex
- Does not provide any social media tools
- Does not support South-East Asian languages
- Does not comply with local accounting rules/reporting for countries like Israel. A third-party package may be required
Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Suite Support
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne offers many online training and support tools to assist customers before, during and after implementation. Certification is available through Oracle University along with a more specific My Oracle Support portal where users can crowdsource information and speak with Oracle representatives directly.
mail_outlineEmail: There is no support email available at this time.
phonePhone: Customers can contact Oracle via telephone to ask both technical and nontechnical questions regarding support of current products.
schoolTraining: Training is available for an additional fee. Oracle University contains online training in specific areas such as project management and asset lifecycle management. These courses are available as a self-paced course, a subscription of training videos or via in-person training.
local_offerTickets: Oracle customers can create service requests through the My Oracle Support portal. The My Oracle Support tool is available to customers who have either purchased support or who have a cloud subscription or trial license.
Cost of Ownership for Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
The product is offered through a subscription-based licensing model that starts at $999/month for base access along with $99/user/month for additional users. Additional users can be added at any time by purchasing additional access.
The base price does not include fees associated with services such as installation, customization or training. However, the upfront cost for maintenance and upgrades is included in the base price.
The software contract may be renewed annually or over longer durations.
Maintenance is included in the monthly base subscription cost.
NetSuite Support is provided in silver, gold or platinum packages. This support is required for users who purchase licenses directly from the vendor.
Users that license the software via a third-party solution provider will generally rely on their solution provider for ongoing optimization and support needs.
Installation and implementation costs are not included in the base subscription price.
Implementation services are provided through partner/reseller channels, and prices vary based on requested services and on the solution provider that your company uses.
Customization is an additional cost and varies based on the functional requirements or modules added such as financial management, order management, production management, supply chain management and human capital management.
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||
This cost is not included in the base subscription price. Actual price will be dependent on your current software, the amount of data that needs to be migrated, the availability of migration tools, the complexity of the data and the gaps between the existing system and the new system.
This price includes monthly fees based on the number of licensed users, degree of customization, implementation costs, premium support tools and training services.