What is Oracle E-Business Suite?
Industry Specialties: Serves most industries
Oracle E-Business Suite, otherwise known as Oracle EBS, is an integrated suite of cloud based-applications for automating business processes within organizations. It consists of a wide range of capabilities that customers may pick and choose from.
Its main characteristics relate to scalability and mobility. It caters to young, growing businesses and is designed for the modern mobile user that employs several devices in their operations. It’s intended to streamline business processes, increase productivity and improve profit margins.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Oracle E-Business Suite?
Key differentiators & advantages of Oracle E-Business Suite
- Flexibility: With a vast range of functionality available in each module of Oracle E-Business Suite, users can build a system that’s most ideal for their unique business. The scalable cloud infrastructure makes this system friendly for growing companies with evolving business models.
- Interoperability: The integratable modules of Oracle E-Business Suite can seamlessly work together and exchange information across the entire business. This allows for a single source of data, improved communication and increased productivity.
- Mobility: Designed to meet the needs of the modern mobile user, the system offers applications that can be easily used on a range of devices. This allows users to access and leverage system capabilities while they’re on the run.
- Continuous Upgrades: With the Oracle Applications Unlimited strategy, Oracle E-Business Suite distributes continuous upgrades to its applications. This ensures that your system will always be up-to-date, and in addition, extends the value of your software investment.
First released 30 years ago with solely financial capabilities, Oracle E-Business Suite has since expanded its breadth. It currently combines the functionality of enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, customer relationship management (CRM) software, human resources (HR) software and supply chain management (SCM) software. The system is comprised of several modules and each module offers a number of applications that customers can pick and choose from to ultimately build their complete system.
Oracle E-Business Suite is suitable for businesses of all sizes in a wide range of industries.
- Order Management: With 19 different applications, Oracle E-Business Suite provides users with a range of order management solutions to choose from. The standard order management module supports tailored, automated fulfillment processes and captures multi-channel demand. Other order management applications specialize in business activities such as marketing, quoting, sales contracts, trade management, revenue management and more.
- Logistics: The logistics module consists of applications for inventory management, yard management, landed cost management and warehouse management. It also offers mobile supply chain applications that can be used on a smartphone or tablet as well as ruggedized handheld and vehicle-mounted radio frequency (RF) devices for more demanding operations.
- Procurement: From Oracle iProcurement, a self-service requisitioning application that controls employee spending, to Oracle Services Procurement, an enterprise application that offers oversight for services spending, the Procurement module offers a range of functionality. The rest of the eleven procurement applications available cover contract lifecycle management for the public sector, purchasing, spend classification, supplier network, procurement contracts, services contracts, sourcing and supplier lifecycle management.
- Projects: Oracle E-Business Suite offers a variety of project management solutions, including project billing, project contracts, project planning and control, project resource management, project collaboration, project costing and project portfolio analysis. These applications are meant to optimize and control the financial aspects of project management.
- Manufacturing: With a whopping 24 applications for manufacturing, the suite supports a wide range of manufacturing needs. From basic functionality, such as shop floor management, to more advanced capabilities, such as information discovery applications for optimizing financial operations, Oracle offers a variety of manufacturing solutions at differing levels of complexity. In addition, there are specific applications available for process industries and discrete manufacturing.
- Asset Lifecycle Management: The asset lifecycle management module offers a basic assets application, Oracle Assets, as well as enterprise asset management and complex maintenance repair and overhaul.
- Service: Users can manage a range of customer service responsibilities with the Oracle Service offerings. From an email center that can process a high volume of incoming messages to field services that can automate the process of dispatching technicians, there’s functionality available for different styles of customer service. For users that desire web-accessible, automated customer service, Oracle iSupport provides a self-service web portal that delivers self-service functionality to customers and employees 24/7.
- Financials: The Oracle Financials module is yet another solution that offers comprehensive functionality. The group of 20 applications range from a standard general ledger to an accounting hub for a single source of oversight over accounting operations. Other applications include but are not limited to credit management, Oracle Treasury for managing global treasury operations, receivables, payables, cash management, lease and finance management and advanced collections.
- Human Capital Management (HCM): Oracle HCM offers a handful of solutions that deliver a robust set of human resources functionality. In addition to the two HCM suites, there’s also applications for workforce management, talent management and workforce delivery service.
Oracle E-Business Suite Support
Oracle offers online customer support through its My Oracle Support portal and Oracle Support Knowledge Base.
mail_outlineEmail: There is no support email available at this time.
phonePhone: Call 1.800.888.6812 for technical issues.E
schoolTraining: The Oracle E-Business Suite Learning Center is a digital learning tool available by subscription. Another training resource is the Oracle E-Business Suite Documentation Web Library which provides information on the latest technologies and product documentation.
local_offerTickets: Users can submit, update and review Service Requests on the My Oracle Support portal.