What is Odoo?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Odoo
- Modularity: Odoo offers a variety of apps that meet different business needs. These tools can be integrated and added to a system based on individualized company processes.
- Visualization: This program contains customizable dashboards that enable users to quickly view actionable insights. These visualizations may include data such as available labor assets, stock movements and customer performance metrics.
- Productivity: This system centralizes various business processes through the integration of different applications or modules. By connecting these workflows, companies can automate more tasks, freeing up employee time for other duties.
- Order Optimization: The inventory app of Odoo is an effective way to optimize orders and streamline inventory management. Users can streamline the supply chain through the tracking of stock movements and the automation of RFQs through this program.
- Accessibility: Odoo can be deployed through the cloud, making it accessible to users in a wide variety of locations and on different devices. The program is also open source, meaning that companies can customize the solution to adhere to unique requirements.
Odoo is a versatile solution that is suited for companies in a variety of industries, largely due to its modularity. However, the vendor’s app store does offer some free and paid applications that are tailored to businesses in specific industries. For example, beauty spa management and fleet rental management capabilities are some of the programs available for download on Odoo’s website.
- Accounting: The accounting application includes bank synchronization features that automatically sync bank statements. The invoicing tool enables users to manage recurring billings and to track payments. About 95% of the reconciliation process can be automated through this feature.
- Project Management: Odoo lets users look at available labor resources when scheduling projects. It can also develop forecasts using historical data from relevant projects and estimate deadlines. Files and notes can be easily attached to tasks so that information is centralized and easily accessed.
- Human Resources: The HR function allows employers to receive alerts when leave requests, applications, appraisals and allocation requests are put into the system. Users can track employee hours and sort them by task, client or project. This tool also connects to accounting functionality so that reports can be posted automatically based on actual project duration.
- Inventory: Odoo enables users to automate RFQs and use order points to increase supply chain efficiency. The program includes drop-shipping, cross-docking and multi-warehouse functionality. Stock movements can be tracked and traced through lots and serials, both upstream and downstream.
- Purchase Management: Using stock levels, Odoo can automatically send RFQs to suppliers. Users can develop procurement rules that are triggered by factors such as sales orders, stock levels and logistic rules. The program maintains supplier price lists. It also assists in making better purchases through the use of data on current promotions and special contract conditions.
- Manufacturing: This feature contains the Workcenter Control Panel, which includes quality checks, in process alerts, worksheet display, time tracking and serial/lot number recording. Procurements can be automated by setting up make-to-order or minimum stock rules. The system also supports barcoding, whether a company uses lots or serial numbers.
- CRM: Odoo allows users to develop custom dashboards to glean actionable insights and relevant information such as how current performance stacks up to monthly targets. The program enables the scheduling of activities based on sales scripts. By clicking on an opportunity, information such as mail received and website pages viewed can be gathered and can assist in the tailoring of a sales strategy.