What is Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
- Customized Solutions: Allows you to create your own rules and requirements for functionality. For example, the financial management module enables you to determine the configuration of your global tax engine, chart of accounts and more.
- Automated Processes: Automation of financial operations is available through the financial management module, which is a significant component of this software solution. Automation is also readily present in the supply chain management module, which connects sales and purchasing processes with production, warehouse management and logistics to improve the visibility of the supply chain.
- Real-time Intelligence: This program can support multi-site operations and offers real-time insights across these workflows. This actual collected data is then used to generate intelligent predictions.
- Integration With Other Systems: Easily integrate with other Office 365 applications. This includes programs such as Word and Excel. The system also supports mobile devices.
Companies across various industries use Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations for their business needs. Because of its integration with other Microsoft tools such as Excel, it is a reasonably versatile solution that can be applied to a range of different companies. It’s also a globalized tool because it supports 42 languages and localization in 37 countries/regions.
- Role-based Workspaces: Includes built-in activity-based workspaces such as ledger budgets and forecasts, catalog management, category and product management, production floor management, outbound work monitoring, released product maintenance and more. The access to these workspaces can be customized by role and user groups.
- Built-in Dashboards and Overviews: This program offers various built-in dashboards and overviews on common KPIs of financials, manufacturing and the supply chain. These dashboards and overviews can be dynamically filtered and support drill-down filtering for granular analysis. Examples include the CFO overview, customer credit and collections and the expenses analysis report.
- Integrated Power BI Capabilities: Integrated Microsoft Power BI capabilities offer various types of visualizations and analytics like pie charts, bar graphs and map visualizations for graphical analysis of workspace data. These visualizations are available as tiles and can be added, removed or customized in real time.
- Template-based Emails: Customized transactions and statements can be attached and emailed to contacts directly from Dynamics 365. The email messages can be pre-configured and saved as templates.
- Manufacturing Management: The manufacturing management feature includes management and monitoring of staff, resources and jobs on the production floor. Staff attendance can be monitored in real-time and manufacturing jobs can be assigned as per availability. The user interface is optimized for touch devices, making it possible for the staff to record data while working from the manufacturing floor. New product introductions and creating BOMs is simplified using templates. Dynamics 365 includes workspaces that monitor the pipeline of production orders and critical on-hand inventory. It also can automatically calculate on-hand material production capacity and other relevant criteria to suggest better delivery alternatives.
- Inbound Supply Chain Management: The warehousing application of Dynamics 365 helps with the management of purchase orders and receipt of purchase deliveries using Android or Windows hand-held devices. The forklift operator can use the app’s system-directed put-away capabilities for optimum warehouse placement. The solution determines the best put-away location based on flexible rules that consider item quantity, quality assurance requirements and other customizable parameters.
- Outbound Supply Chain Management: The warehousing application also helps manage packing and the placement of items using mobile devices. It determines which products need to be picked from where. This is based on the rules that optimize the movement of goods. The solution supports both user-directed and system-directed picking. It also determines the best staging location and coordinates dock scheduling so that the assigned driver knows when and where to go to load the items for transport.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Suite Support
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Reviews
The following reviews for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations are taken from the SelectHub ReviewFeed which collects and aggregates reviews from across a variety of online review platforms.