What is Prophet 21?
Industry Specialties: Wholesale Distributors
Epicor Prophet 21, powered by Microsoft Azure, is a business management system for distributors. It streamlines distribution processes and helps overcome modern distribution industry challenges. It is designed to grow with your business without making extensive modifications and is available as SaaS or on-premise deployment.
It has numerous capabilities, such as CRM, sales order management, e-commerce, inventory management, product management and wireless warehouse management. Other functionalities include financial management, manufacturing and production management, rentals, VMI, service and maintenance, SCM, business intelligence and analytics and enterprise content management.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Prophet 21?
Key differentiators & advantages of Prophet 21
- Configurability and Scalability: The system adapts to business requirements and needs using an application programming interface (API). This flexibility allows businesses to build on specialized functionality and increase efficiency and productivity by connecting business processes with the partners, vendors and customers they need.
- Flexible Deployment: The user can deploy the system on-premise or in the cloud and can then change the deployment down the road as their business evolves.
- Mobility: Epicor Prophet 21 runs on any browser from any device with an internet connection. This gives users the ability to access critical data anytime, anywhere.
- Forecasting Capabilities: Advanced demand forecasting predicts how much inventory is needed, contact management tracks customers’ buying patterns and customer buying trend analysis anticipates customer issues. The business analytics module provides various reports through the executive dashboard, accounts receivable dashboard and sales rep dashboard.
- Increase Sales: Drive sales with e-commerce capabilities and pull in repeat business by responding to buying trends and providing excellent customer service. Additionally, mobility solutions allow you to close more sales because you can serve customers anywhere they have an internet connection.
- Improve Margins: Maximize profits with inventory management, analytics and pricing optimization. The integrated wireless warehouse solution allows you to take control of warehouse tasks.
- Drive Employee Productivity: Build workflows, create mobile portals and learning management systems. It also provides user personalization without having to work with source code.
Epicor Prophet 21 provides industry-leading solutions for distributors of all sizes. It manages the requirements of various distribution industries, including consumer packaged goods, electrical, fasteners, fluid power, HVAC, industrial/safety, irrigation and landscape, janitorial and sanitation.
Other industries they serve include medical supplies, pharmaceuticals, paper and packaging, pipe/valve/fittings (PVF) petroleum, plumbing, tile and flooring and welding supply/packaged gases.
Some of their customers are Jergens Industrial Supply, Standard Supply and Hodges Supply.
- Customer Relationship Management: Epicor Prophet 21 contains multiple tools designed to manage and improve customer relationships. A mobile sales system, contact management, marketing management and lead and opportunity management are all usable for daily CRM tasks.
- Finance and Accounting: The system comes equipped with several financial and accounting tools, including a general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, Avalara Tax Connect and XL Connect and vendor rebates. Avalara Tax Connect manages sales tax compliance, and XL Connect allows users to generate reports in Microsoft Excel.
- Business Analytics: The Business Analytics feature comes with an executive dashboard, accounts receivable dashboard and a sales rep dashboard. It also has a customer buying trend analysis function that predicts future customer issues.
- Supply Chain Management: Manage the entire supply chain with a full range of SCM capabilities. Purchase management, sourcing and procurement, inventory management, advanced material management and warehouse management features are all included.
- Enterprise Content Management: Manage content throughout its entire lifecycle. Document imaging converts paper documents into digital files.
- Contact Management: The CRM module supplies users with next-generation customer contact management. It tracks customers’ buying patterns, prospect and client information while displaying key information on one screen for easy access and more.
- Service and Maintenance: The service and maintenance module comes with tools to deliver an excellent customer experience. Service order management, services dispatch, preventative maintenance and warranty capabilities streamline service and maintenance processes are all available with this system.
- eCommerce Website Management: Manage multiple branded websites with the Epicor Commerce Connect feature.
- Epicor Virtual Agent: The EVA app allows users to interact with Prophet 21 from anywhere via voice or text commands.
Epicor Prophet 21 Suite SupportEpicor offers a customer support portal, EpicCare, and they provide over 600 support analysts across 12 global support centers. They have two different support plans for their customers; the Essential Support Plan or the Pro Support plan. The Pro Support plan comes with 24/7 support and senior support experts.
mail_outlineEmail: All support requests are processed through the EpicCare service portal. If you’re having an issue with the portal, send an email to your customer account manager.
phonePhone: All support requests are handled through EpicCare.
schoolTraining: Epicor Learning Center is a web-based learning management system that allows you to control your company’s training from one single location. A self-paced training module, embedded education, is the training installation that comes with Epicor ERP. Other training tools include live instructor-led training, documentation and on-demand videos.