What is Epicor ERP?
Industry Specialties: Manufacturing, Distribution, Retail, Service Industries, Lumber and Building Materials, Automotive
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Epicor ERP
- Accessible: Epicor ERP is available both as an on-premise and a cloud-based solution, meaning that businesses can select the deployment method that best suits their specific needs. The cloud-hosted version of this product is accessible anytime and anywhere as long as an internet connection is available. The program can also be accessed on Android and iOS mobile devices.
- Integration Ability: This program can be integrated with a range of software offerings and modules. For example, it works well with Microsoft Office applications and uses Excel as the basis for its financial planner tool. This customization and integration ability lets companies personalize the solution to adhere to specialized needs.
- Boost Revenue: Real-time visibility and reporting features are included in this tool, making it easier for companies to recognize and make use of actionable insights. For example, the ability to visualize machine downtime and other snags in the production system can help a business create a plan for reducing that downtime and optimizing the manufacturing process, therefore boosting revenue.
- Increase Productivity: Epicor ERP integrates and automates workflows among various aspects of a business. By reducing the time that employees spend on tasks that could be automated by the solution, productivity can be gained. For example, the financial management tool can make sure that a business is compliant with tax regulations automatically so that the financial team can expend energy on different tasks.
- Reduce Spoilage: This program contains forecasting and demand planning features that enable companies to anticipate the number of materials that will be needed to fulfill customer requests. This tool can help reduce item spoilage and the inability to complete orders due to having insufficient materials on hand.
- Customer Relationship Management: Epicor ERP’s CRM platform includes contact management, case management, marketing management and lead management. It allows users to sync customer data with Microsoft Office products so that information is available even when a user is offline. It also enables the tracking of ROI and the success of marketing campaigns, therefore making it easier to assess which techniques work and which ones don’t.
- DocStar ECM: DocStar ECM is a document management solution that integrates with Epicor ERP to give users control throughout a document’s lifecycle. It contains the ability to import different file types, extract data, track revisions as they occur and develop record retention policies. It also provides dynamic security aspects to ensure privacy and compliance with regulations.
- Planning and Scheduling: This feature includes demand forecasting and long-range planning to help businesses reduce spoilage and optimize production. It contains multi-site management functionality that allows for the management of production across different plants, companies and offices. The tool also includes visualization of factors such as outside resource availability, capability-based scheduling and resource optimization.
- Project Management: Epicor ERP gives users control over their projects. It uses resource management, billing and project planning capabilities to ensure that contract requirements and accounting standards are adhered to throughout a project. It also provides reporting, project analysis and notification tools to make the project management process easier.
- Human Capital Management: This feature gives employees control over the management of their own goals and achievements. It also provides visibility of any gaps that must be filled, organizational needs and the current talent resources employed in a company. The program integrates with various payroll and benefits vendors to facilitate employee payment.
- Business Intelligence and Analytics: Epicor ERP lets its users build dashboards that have drill-down capabilities to gather actionable insights. The solution also contains the ability to visualize and monitor machines by sending alerts related to efficiency, scrap rates and machine conditions. It includes descriptive, diagnostic and predictive analytics tools to assist users in obtaining relevant information across business processes.
- Financial Management: This product contains basic financial management tools in addition to the ability to automate tax compliance. It also helps businesses adhere to financial and legal regulations while adapting to new standards as they are introduced. The included financial planner tool further benefits businesses through its ability to automate collation and to develop unlimited budgets using Microsoft Excel.
- Doesn’t provide strong business intelligence tools
- Doesn’t contain a comprehensive finance module
- Doesn’t support automatic printing of jobs and backlogs
- Doesn’t feature standardized process flowcharts
- May be complex to use for people who aren’t as tech-savvy
Cost of Ownership
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||
Epicor ERP Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
Overall, Epicor ERP has happy users that are able to automate and optimize all of their business processes with the system. Robust functionality and reporting lead to insights that allow them to see a good ROI. Training resources, customization capabilities and a friendly user interface allows users to successfully use the system in the way they please. However, a long implementation cycle, unstable support, non-intuitive navigation and issues relating to bugs and updates causes problems for Epicor ERP users.
Based on 535 reviews:
Top Competitors & Alternatives
Relevant articles for Epicor ERP
Pricing for ERP Software
From a customer perspective, talking to a supplier I feel honesty is important, and we're very pleased with the way it's worked out. Now it's been 10 years later and it's [Epicor ERP] still working. It's great. We've been able to grow into a $300 million company by investing in software that allows us to reach our customers, and control our inventory and production. I can't imagine how this could have been done without having a very robust software system and partner, like Epicor.