What is Epicor ERP?
Industry Specialties: Manufacturing, Distribution, Retail, Service Industries, Lumber and Building Materials, Automotive
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Epicor ERP
- Localization: The solution can support global operations due to its wide range of country localization and languages. It doesn't rely on partners to localize its product; the system has more comprehensive localization capabilities itself.
- Business Architecture: The architectural ERP elements such as business process management, advanced printing, enterprise search standard, web and mobile access, REST API and DocStar are accessible through the cloud for enterprise content management.
- Governance, Risk and Compliance: The solution unifies the industry and regional compliance and reporting processes such as ISO, GDPR, ITAR, and NIST. It also offers reliability and security of best-practice disaster recovery, 24/7 system monitoring and availability.
- Multi-Language, Multicurrency and Multisite ERP: The solution is a multi-language, multicurrency and multisite ERP in the cloud that also supports country-specific functionalities.
- IoT Enabled: The solution monitors the shop floor in real-time using data collected from PLCs or IoT sensors.
- Work Breakdown Structure: The project management module equips users with Work Breakdown Structure capabilities, including complex projects with multi-layered phases.
Industry ExpertiseEpicor ERP is widely used in North America, UK and Australia along with the EMEA and APAC regions. They have solutions designed for several industries, including manufacturing, distribution, retail, service industries, lumber and building materials and automotive. Sistema plastics, AC Brothers and Crystal Jade are all Epicor ERP users.
- Business Intelligence and Analytics: The solution makes data-driven decisions generated by cloud-based analytics, including Epicor Data Analytics, Epicor Data Discovery and Smart Inventory Operations and planning.
- DocStar Enterprise Content Management: This cloud-based tool securely manages content from capture to destruction. It automates workflows, allows you to process content quickly and provides interdepartmental collaboration.
- Production Management: Production management is equipped with the tools to supply chain execution, supply chain management and distribution capabilities. Other capabilities include work order and job management, lean manufacturing, materials requirements planning software, master data management and manufacturing execution system. It meets the needs of make to stock manufacturing, make to order, engineer to order and make to order companies.
- Advanced Materials Management: This supply chain management solution tracks materials, monitors raw materials and work in progress using mobile devices and bar code tags. It also produces electronic requests for materials by scanning barcode tags.
- Epicor Commerce Connect: Epicor Commerce Connect is an eCommerce solution that is tightly integrated with Epicor ERP to advance manufacturers, distributors and merchants’ online business. Customers can access the self-service portal to view pricing, product availability and shipping information.
- Epicor Social Enterprise: Epicor Social Enterprise (ESE) is embedded within the Epicor ERP solution and streamlines internal and external communication. This tool is usable when collaborating on a project, addressing a customer issue, planning an event and more.
- Customer Relationship Management: The CRM tool employs data to manage your entire customer lifecycle. It also integrates with Salesforce.com.
- Doesn’t provide strong business intelligence tools
- Doesn’t contain a comprehensive finance module
- Doesn’t support automatic printing of jobs and backlogs
- Doesn’t provide standardized process flow-charts
- Epicor may be too complex for users that aren’t as tech-savvy
Epicor ERP Suite Support
Cost of Ownership for Epicor ERP
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost|
Top Competitors & Alternatives
Relevant articles for Epicor ERP
Pricing for ERP Software
From a customer perspective, talking to a supplier I feel honesty is important, and we're very pleased with the way it's worked out. Now it's been 10 years later and it's [Epicor ERP] still working. It's great. We've been able to grow into a $300 million company by investing in software that allows us to reach our customers, and control our inventory and production. I can't imagine how this could have been done without having a very robust software system and partner, like Epicor.