What is Epicor ERP?
Industry Specialties: Manufacturing, Distribution, Retail, Service Industries, Lumber and Building Materials, Automotive
Epicor ERP is designed for medium-sized businesses across a wide range of industries, with the highest adoption rates belonging to manufacturing and project-centric organizations. Its partnership with Microsoft Azure enables them to provide capabilities for analytics and expand the training-on-demand offerings.
It manages leads, customers, contacts and quotes through its customer relationship management capabilities. It plans and executes projects with billing and costing requirements; it anticipates and responds to any change in customer demand. It manages global workforces and financial operations as well as coordinates service processes to provide resources and materials. It handles the supply chain, from forecasting to fulfillment.
Core functionalities include human capital management, financial management, service and asset management, customer relationship management, production management, sales management, supply chain management, planning and scheduling, project management and product management.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Epicor ERP?
Key differentiators & advantages of Epicor ERP
- Localization: The solution can support global operations due to its wide range of country localization and languages. It doesn't rely on partners to localize its product; the system has more comprehensive localization capabilities itself.
- Business Architecture: The architectural ERP elements such as business process management, advanced printing, enterprise search standard, web and mobile access, REST API and DocStar are accessible through the cloud for enterprise content management.
- Governance, Risk and Compliance: The solution unifies the industry and regional compliance and reporting processes such as ISO, GDPR, ITAR, and NIST. It also offers reliability and security of best-practice disaster recovery, 24/7 system monitoring and availability.
- Multi-Language, Multicurrency and Multisite ERP: The solution is a multi-language, multicurrency and multisite ERP in the cloud that also supports country-specific functionalities.
- IoT Enabled: The solution monitors the shop floor in real-time using data collected from PLCs or IoT sensors.
- Work Breakdown Structure: The project management module equips users with Work Breakdown Structure capabilities, including complex projects with multi-layered phases.
Industry ExpertiseEpicor ERP is widely used in North America, UK and Australia along with the EMEA and APAC regions. They have solutions designed for several industries, including manufacturing, distribution, retail, service industries, lumber and building materials and automotive. Sistema plastics, AC Brothers and Crystal Jade are all Epicor ERP users.
- Business Intelligence and Analytics: The solution makes data-driven decisions generated by cloud-based analytics, including Epicor Data Analytics, Epicor Data Discovery and Smart Inventory Operations and planning.
- DocStar Enterprise Content Management: This cloud-based tool securely manages content from capture to destruction. It automates workflows, allows you to process content quickly and provides interdepartmental collaboration.
- Production Management: Production management is equipped with the tools to supply chain execution, supply chain management and distribution capabilities. Other capabilities include work order and job management, lean manufacturing, materials requirements planning software, master data management and manufacturing execution system. It meets the needs of make to stock manufacturing, make to order, engineer to order and make to order companies.
- Advanced Materials Management: This supply chain management solution tracks materials, monitors raw materials and work in progress using mobile devices and bar code tags. It also produces electronic requests for materials by scanning barcode tags.
- Epicor Commerce Connect: Epicor Commerce Connect is an eCommerce solution that is tightly integrated with Epicor ERP to advance manufacturers, distributors and merchants’ online business. Customers can access the self-service portal to view pricing, product availability and shipping information.
- Epicor Social Enterprise: Epicor Social Enterprise (ESE) is embedded within the Epicor ERP solution and streamlines internal and external communication. This tool is usable when collaborating on a project, addressing a customer issue, planning an event and more.
- Customer Relationship Management: The CRM tool employs data to manage your entire customer lifecycle. It also integrates with Salesforce.com.
Just like any software solution, Epicor ERP has its limitations. There is a lack of available functionalities, automation technology and ease of use. Some of the product limitations include:
- Doesn’t provide strong business intelligence tools
- Doesn’t contain a comprehensive finance module
- Doesn’t support automatic printing of jobs and backlogs
- Doesn’t provide standardized process flow-charts
- Epicor may be too complex for users that aren’t as tech-savvy
Epicor ERP Suite Support
Epicor has a customer support portal (EpicCare) and over 600 support analysts are available across 12 global support centers. They offer two different support plans for their customers, the Essential Support plan and the Pro Support plan. The Pro Support plan offers senior support experts and 24/7 support.
mail_outlineEmail: All support requests are handled through the portal. If you’re having an issue with EpicCare, email your customer account manager.
phonePhone: All support requests process through EpicCare.
schoolTraining: Epicor Learning Center is a web-based learning management system that allows you to handle your company’s training from one single location. Embedded Education is the training installation that comes with Epicor ERP; it is a self-paced training module. Other training tools include on-demand videos, live instructor-led training and documentation.
Cost of Ownership for Epicor ERP
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost|