What is Dynamics 365 Business Central?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Centralized Data: Dynamics 365 Business Central leans in to the essence of ERP software — data centralization. For example, the system’s contract management program maintains a shared database of customers and prospects that can be customized and filtered. The program also removes any duplicates found in the system, which is especially helpful when you have multiple people entering prospect information or liaising with customers. Customized dashboards and visualizations are also available for insights developed across your company.
- Accessibility: This software is available either on-premise or as a cloud-based ERP. If you opt to go with a cloud deployment, the solution will be accessible to your employees anytime and anywhere as long as an internet connection is available. This broadly increases the scope of where your employees can complete their duties and access pertinent information.
- Forecasting: Dynamics 365 Business Central contains forecasting tools that include the use of historical demand to estimate future demand. This is helpful because it can improve efficiency, reduce spoilage and improve the likelihood that you will be able to fulfill orders from customers.
- Simple Integration: As a Microsoft product, Dynamics 365 Business Central is well poised for integration. The software can work with programs such as Word and Excel and is also available across iOS, Android and Windows devices. Microsoft offers a wide variety of software solutions that can be connected to Dynamics 365 Business Central, such as Dynamics 365 for Sales.
- Collaboration: Dynamics 365 Business Central provides visibility and control over multiple production sites. This allows you to collaborate with employees located in that facility to determine benchmarks such as optimal inventory level. Additionally, because of Dynamics 365 Business Central’s availability as a cloud-based solution, it is easy for employees to collaborate on and access materials whether they are in a corporate office or at a production facility.
- Security: With this program, you can configure user access to different components of the software. For example, if you don’t want an account representative to have visualization of the payroll, you can limit the scope of a user’s access to the application. Disaster recovery tools also assist with security measures.
Dynamics 365 Business Central is a suitable program for companies spanning a range of industries. The solution is currently used by more than 100,000 businesses globally to assist with workflows such as financial management, supply chain management and customer relationship management. It is available both on-premise and as a cloud-based solution and is geared toward small and medium-sized businesses.
- Sales Order Management: Sales order management module allows you to alter quantity available amounts based on posted invoices. You can also use the program to create prepayment invoices and to manage partial shipments.
- Analysis Reports: The analysis reports tool is based on helping decision-makers within your company gain meaningful insights that will positively influence daily decisions. With this customizable tool, you can use factors such as customers, items and vendors to view information such as inventory turnover and customer behavior. You can also use this tool to more accurately pinpoint problems across your business that are creating bottlenecks or inefficiencies.
- General Ledger: Accounting and financial reporting tools are a commonly requested feature in ERP software. Offers a general ledger in its base package that includes internal and external reporting tools, ability to export data in various formats, employee ledger entries, linking to external documents and reporting in your company’s preferred currency format.
- Requisition Management: Requisition Worksheet allows you to optimize your inventory based on factors such as predicted demand and material availability. You can also set minimum and maximum quantity levels to determine a reordering point in your manufacturing center.
- Multi-Site Functionality: With this software, you can track inventory levels across multiple distribution centers, warehouses, production plants, showrooms and more. You can also track inventory as it moves from different locations while accounting for its value during transit.
- Contact Management: The contact management feature allows you to input and maintain a list of your business contacts and prospects. The tool lets you know when duplicate contact information is entered, enables you to issue quotes or sales documents, allows for the categorization of people associated with a specific contact and segments people based on profiling questions.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR): Includes support for Kofax Invoice Capture Service (ICS) out of the box. This tool can take information from unstructured PDFs, extract it, and turn it into structured data.
- Currency Exchange Rates: This system allows you to update currency exchange rates as they shift. This can be done either manually or automatically. Supports Yahoo and European Central Bank (ECB) currency feeds out of the box, but you can add other currencies to the tool using the currency exchange rates setup.
Suite SupportThere are three support options available for on-premise Dynamics 365 Business Central — the Enhancement Plan, Advantage Plus Plan and Premier Support. These plans differ in price and other factors such as response time, available training and forum access. Depending on how extensive the needs of your business are and how much experience your team has with software deployment, you may opt for a more broad support package.
Dynamics 365 Business Central Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Based on 357 reviews: