ZipBooks is cloud-based and designed for small businesses. The free version permits you to send invoices, quotes and estimate, manage several vendors and customers and integrate a variety of payment methods.
Here’s an example of ZipBook’s financial performance component.
Bookkeep Specific Projects
You can categorize and tag particular projects and document expenses, payments and other transactions with the project accounting tool. This module also permits you to track time employees spend on a project or task. The accounting element simplifies relaying information to accountants and other financial experts. You can chronicle daily transactions and provide real-time information for sound tax filing and financial reporting.
The recurring billing accessory allows you to install automatic future payments and invoicing as one-time or recurring. You can choose whether to send your customer an invoice, a receipt for the billed amount or both. To get reimbursed for expenses you incur for your customers (i.e., parts to fix a car or supplies to re-paint a room), you can generate a transaction, add the name of your customer to it and mark it as “billable.” The expense will automatically appear on invoices for an item.
Unlimited Adjustable Invoices
You can design and deliver infinite quantities of invoices to your clientele. The one-click invoice element enables you to promptly import every project and billable costs related to your customers. You can add additional information to your invoices such as team members, tasks, items and projects. This component authorizes you to efficiently notify customers about unpaid invoices and establish late-payment reminders. You can also add and review multiple types of taxes to your invoices.
Kiss Paper Receipts Goodbye
Thanks to ZipBooks, you no longer have to store paper receipts in boxes, bags or drawers. You can create receipts on your phone promptly after making purchases or paying for services. This solution stores all of your expenditures in one place so you can easily access them during tax season.
Compare Top Accounting Software Leaders
Other Mentionable Features
ZipBooks is loaded with more tools to get your bookkeeping up to par. Some of these noteworthy tools include:
- Automatic Accounts Receivable: When documenting invoices and payments, money earned and amounts owed instantly update in your accounts receivable report with this tool.
- Real-Time Bank Reconciliation: The bank reconciliation module exhibits the current bank account balance and confirmed transactions. Items such as invoices paid bills and additional incomes and expenses are automatically relocated to your accounting records.
- Handy Balance Sheet Reports: ZipBooks offers detailed balance sheets that automatically determine retained earnings related to a chosen end date.
- Third-Party Payment Options: Integrate with popular payment applications, like PayPal or Square, to allow ZipBooks to accept digital payments.
- Add and Manage Customers: The customer management tool allows you to add as many customers and data, such as payments made, estimates given, invoice history and contact, info as needed.
- Accepts Numerous Currencies: The solution meshes with a variety of currencies and enables you to define a default currency.
- Deliver PDFs: You can send invoices and quotes to clients as PDFs.
- Monitor Vendors: ZipBooks allows you to track and review a complete list of vendors, expense histories and payments owed.
- Arrange Chart of Accounts: You can assemble specific groups of accounts for your organization like accounts receivable, expenses, revenue and accounts payable.